Career with BRAC International
With over 100,000 employees reaching an estimated 138 million people, BRAC is the world’s largest non-governmental organisation.
BRAC is a development success story, spreading anti-poverty solutions born in Bangladesh to 10 other developing countries in Asia and Africa, making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world’s poor.
With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of tools including microfinance, education, healthcare, legal services and more, BRAC invests in communities’ own human and material resources, catalysing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives. Of the world’s top development and humanitarian relief organisations, BRAC is one of the few based in the global south. BRAC International is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill up the following position:
Manager, Proposal Development & Fundraising
The purpose of this role is to search for new funding opportunities, develop partnership with other organizations, writing concept notes and proposals and maintaining donor liaison to secure funding for new projects and programs for country. The main responsibilities of this position are
- Searching for new funding opportunity through donor website, meetings, affiliates, donor engagement meetings.
- Review the funding opportunities and check alignment with country strategy, organizational policies, programme priorities and country capacity etc.
- Gather information on country situation and become familiar with the requirements and guidelines of various funders.
- Looking/establishing possible partnership and consortium with different organisations, agencies.
- Write concept notes/proposals for different programs in consultation with programme teams and BI HO.
- Support budget preparation for concepts note and proposals
- Maintain database of funding situation, donor feedback and refusals; and share with BI HO and affiliates.
- Analyze the unsuccessful projects proposals, documentation and share with relevant authority for future improvement.
- Establish of an archive of past and current proposals for any future/further reference.
· Attend donor liaison meeting, donor visits and answer funding related queries.
· Results driven with demonstrated success in major fundraising campaigns.
· Demonstrated excellence in communication and working with diverse groups of people.
· Excellent proposal writing/ report writing, donor requirement understanding/conceptual skills, coordination & networking (information gathering & analysis), budgeting and presentation ability.
· Must be a confident communicator and presenter with excellent written and spoken English.
· Knowledge, understanding of and commitment to poverty eradication, global justice, gender equality, etc.
Masters degree with concentration on Development Studies, Social Science or relevant subject area from any reputed University.
At least 5 years’ experience in relevant field.
Employment type: Contractual
Job Location: BRAC Uganda
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to apply online through careers.brac.net or email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at email@example.com
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 16/17 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: April 20, 2017
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer