The Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Advisor will support the county and Sub-County Health Management Teams to improve health service delivery. They will work with the County Health Management Team (CHMT) to strengthen capacity to provide quality Family Planning/ Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health services (RMNCAH). They will support the county to develop public private partnerships and integrated approaches for delivery of RMNCAH services.
Assessment & Monitoring
- Jointly administer an organizational capacity assessment tool with Government of Kenya (GOK) colleagues to assess baseline health system capacity, and develop targeted capacity development plans. Administer repeat Organisational Capacity Assessments (OCAs) over time to assess HSS improvements.
Technical Leadership and Advisory Services
- Provide technical guidance, advice and support to project counterparts to improve health system performance across domains, including: Governance & Leadership, Human Resources for Health (HRH), Supply Chain Strengthening, Information Systems, Health Care Financing
- Effectively plan, deliver and evaluate the implementation of activities and critically reflect and improve on project strategies to promote health system performance
- Supervise and line manage various Officers providing technical support, pastoral support and support the implementation of the organisation’s HR policies and effectively source and manage short term consultants to support priority activities
Partnership and Team Work
- Work closely with other project staff to ensure that project strategies and approaches are delivered in a coherent and coordinated way, in line with project targets, and build partnerships with other key organisations to promote synergy
· The candidate will hold at minimum a Master’s Degree in the health sciences, public health or related field.
· The candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in implementing complex public health programmes of similar scope and size in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Kenya.
· The candidate will have at least five years demonstrated experience at mid- or senior level in health system strengthening, ideally including planning and budgeting, human resources for health, information systems and/or supply chain management.
· The candidate will have experience in managing donor-funded programs and demonstrated ability to work effectively with all kind of stakeholders: government representatives, local community organisations, for-profit private sectors entities.
· The candidate will have experience in managing a technical team and monitoring HSS activities and strong leadership and management skills.
· The candidate will be fluent in English and Swahili.
· A practical knowledge of the Samburu context would be an added advantage.
About Options and the programme
Options Consultancy Services Limited is a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children. We provide information, expertise and influence to governments, health workers, NGOs and businesses to catalyse change so that health services can be accessed by the people who need them most.
Afya Timiza project is contributing to improve the quality and accessibility of Family Planning Reproductive Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent health services by supporting sustained change planning and provision of and access to more efficient health services in Turkana and Samburu counties. Afya has a strong focus on reaching remote and nomadic communities.
· To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Marion Pobo firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header
· Closing date for applications is Sunday 9th April 2017. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and recruitment may be closed early if the right candidate is found, therefore early applications is advised
· Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview
·For more info about the offer, visit our website