Open Contracting Data Junior Project Officer (maternity leave cover)
We are currently looking for a maternity leave cover for one person, for the following position:
Vacancy Name: Open Contracting Data Junior Project Officer (maternity leave cover)
Number of hours: 16 hours per week, 1 May to 1 November
Office: Global Office, The Hague
In 2016 Hivos and ARTICLE19 launched a global programme on Open Contracting Data, funded by and in cooperation with the Dutch government, and in collaboration with the Open Contracting Partnership. The programme aims to open up government contracting by supporting journalists, activists, businesses and civic watchdog organisations in their efforts to use contracting data and public revenue flows for public scrutiny, so that the huge sums of taxpayers’ money are spent honestly and efficiently, according to the highest standards of transparency and integrity.
- Support to capacity development component of the programme
• Support development of the Anti-Corruption Curriculum
• Assist in coordination of Open Contracting Data programme (administrative, reporting)
• Support to preparing the global summit in November 2017 (content, logistics)
The Junior Project Officer hierarchically is positioned under the Programme Manager. You have:
- A Masters’ degree or equivalent in development studies, governance or another relevant field
• 1 year of relevant work experience
• Knowledge of transparency and accountability
• Excellent English writing and verbal skills
• Strong analytical skills
• You are independent; able to organize your work yourself, in a professional, structured way, which is oriented towards results and delivers on deadlines.
What we offer
We offer a stimulating work environment in a professional international organization with very dedicated staff. Employment is offered for 6 months (from 1st May until 1st November 2017). Depending on your experience your salary will be a maximum of 3.398,- gross per month, based on a 36-hour workweek. Travel costs are compensated in accordance with Hivos Regulations. We offer participation in the pension fund.
Like to apply?
You can apply before 17 April 2017. Both a letter of motivation and resume need to be submitted in English to Hivos via e-mail to email@example.com with reference code 1703300-03.
For more information: Daniel Dietrich, Programme Manager Open Contracting Data Programme and Anna Kiebert, Junior Project Officer, tel. +31 70 376 5500.