Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: http://www.handicap-international.us
Present in more than 55 countries, Handicap International (HI) is composed of 2 operational directions:
- The Direction of Humanitarian Action
- The Direction of Development Action
JOB CONTEXT :
Based in Juba, as Project Manager, you ensure the efficient management of the project in South Sudan: ‘Touching Minds, Raising Dignity. Stop the stigma of people living with mental health problems. This is a multi country project covering 4 countries in crisis and post-crisis” (Togo, Lebanon, Madagascar, South Sudan). Each country is having country specific project framework and budget. The four countries have in common the fact of being traversed by chronically situations of social , economic and political crisis resulting precarious socio- sanitary conditions, weakening public infrastructure in general and undermining the capacity of “living together”. It is in this context of chronic crises HI chose to develop different models of interventions to improve the mental health of individuals and communities. These models of interventions, all defined from institutional contexts, partnership and local professionals, designed to meet the needs of people living with mental health problems to prevent any risk of stigma, that it takes the form of discrimination, stigmatization, social exclusion or imprisonment.
Total duration of the project is 48 months and started in year 2014. This project in South Sudan is funded by Agence Française de Développement (for the period 2014-2017) and European Union (for the period of 2016 and 2017).
The project is being implemented in Juba, Central Equatoria state in close collaboration with two local partner organizations with flexibility according to emergencies.
Under the direct responsibility of the Operational Coordinator, and in close coordination with the rest of the HI team, relevant technical advisers, and regional coordinator, as Project Manager you are:
- responsible of the effective implementation of the project on a result-based approach
- responsible of the good management of the project team (4 people)
- responsible of the technical quality of the project and the documentation of experiences and best practices
- responsible of the reporting
- in charge of representation
YOUR PROFILE :
- You hold a Master Degree in Public Health, Psychology or Humanitarian project management
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a Project Manager/ Head of project position in working with NGOs and civil society in developing countries
- You have experience of working on Mental health, Psychosocial activities or Community based rehabilitation
- You have a proven ability in mobilizing community networks, awareness raising and advocacy
- You are at ease to manage a partnership and knowledge in training methodologies
- You show excellent reporting capacity (written and oral communication)
- You show strong team management skills
- You are stress resistant in a very challenging surrounding
- A fluent speaking level in English mandatory (written too) ; Arabic is a plus
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION:
Since the recent crisis conflict between government and opposition forces, a temporary security level 3 has been established for the HI mission with restrictions of movments and a curfew in Juba.
Juba is the capital of South Sudan, and accessible by commercial flights and by road. Road movement is generally unadvisable, due to general security situation and poor road conditions. Internal flights operated by UNHAS connect Juba with major cities and key sites across the country for development and humanitarian activities.
The office and the Guesthouses are separated in Juba. Both premises are in the center of Town. The accommodation in Juba is simple but comfortable. Each staff has his/her own self-contained room with Air Conditioner. City Power is non-existent, but a generator is running in the morning and at the evening time at pre-determined hours. There is a TV in the dining room with DSTV (cable) and the Guesthouses have internet/wireless facility.
Juba offers some facilities as bars, restaurants, gym and swimming pools but with a variable curfew up to 10 PM, and adjusted depending on security situation.
- Starting date : June 1st, 2017
- Length of the contract:** 7 months – until 31rst December, 2017
- Employee status :
- Salary from 2214 € gross / month regarding the experience of the candidate
- Perdiem : 550€ net/month
- Hardship allowance : 500€ net/ per month
- Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
- Paid holiday : 25 days per year
- R&R : level 3: 5 days every 6 weeks
- Status : this position is unaccompanied
- Housing : Collective taken in charge by Handicap International
- Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link: