Spark MicroGrants (www.sparkmicrogrants.org) is a young, rapidly scaling organization pioneering a new approach to international aid. Spark proactively reaches out to rural poor villages and helps community members to design, implement and manage their own social impact projects. Since July 2010 we have developed 140 community partnerships across Rwanda, Uganda and Burundi to spark community-driven impact projects which have included schools, community farms, electricity lines and much more.
Who we are
Spark team members are passionate about our vision to help create a world where everyone will live with dignity and define their own positive future. At Spark our values are what define us and shape the work that we do, we are:
- Facilitators. We don’t impose; we enable others to generate impact.
- Community-driven. We are motivated by what is best for the community.
- Process-centered. The how of what we do is just as important as the what.
- Our vision and values live in everything we do.
- We are deeply committed to our work and love what we do!
The Training Manager will support the programmatic implementation of the newest program at Spark, our training program to equip third parties to adopt and deploy the Spark model with quality. A successful candidate will work closely with partners including the government of Rwanda and FVS Amade in Burundi and have the opportunity to shape new partnerships, provide quality control, and build the procedures and systems to support the replication of Spark’s model. This is a tremendous opportunity for the Training Manager to develop a new program that is key to the strategy of Spark as we grow from a startup to mid-stage organization.
- Develop training curriculum, participant evaluation, and quality assessments.
- Manage external trainings and partner relationships.
- Coordinate programmatic, evaluation, finance, management and technical support for training partners.
- Monitor training partners during the roll out of the Spark process and track programmatic fidelity and quality.
Location: Kampala, Uganda (with periodic travel to regional Spark offices and training partners including but not limited to: Gulu, Uganda, Makamba, Burundi, and Musanze, Rwanda)
Preferred Start Date: Flexible
Contract Length: 2 years minimum
Requirements: 1) Minimum bachelors degree, master’s degree in a relevant field preferred 2) 3-5 years of professional experience, ideally in training or education 3) Fluency in French strongly preferred
Qualified applicants must be able to answer ‘yes’ to all of the following questions:
- Are you able to learn and work independently without waiting for external motivation?
- Are you bored when not being challenged?
- Do you thrive when working with a multi-cultural team?
- Are you able to remain patient, positive and flexible in a dynamic environment?
- Do you easily come up with three solutions to any one challenge?
- Are you open to feedback and seek out how to self-improve?
- Do you thrive in a passionate and entrepreneurial organization?
- Are you excited about community facing poverty designing their own development?
Please email email@example.com with your resume/CV and cover letter. Please cite PCDNetwork as the source of the job posting in your application. In the subject line, please include: Training Manager. We look forward to hearing from you!