Job title: Food Security & Livelihood Officers X 2
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
World Vision is looking for a dynamic person to fill the position of Food Security & Livelihood Officers for its Hunger crises project for Northern Bahr El Ghazal and Unity regions.
These positions will be based in NBG (Non-relocatable) and Unity (Relocatable) respectively.
Purpose of the position:
To plan, implement, monitor and document all the food security and livelihood activities within NBG and Unity states as per the proposal. Provide necessary training, follow-up, support and guidance to the farmers.
- Organize and implement food security and livelihood activities within the project period and provide reports of the same. These activities will include farmer training in crop, vegetable and animal production, and training of fisherman in fish processing and sustainable fishing;
- Develop a work (action) plans for the project of Food Security and Livelihoods sector, ensuring objectives and targets are achieved and clear duties are allocated to subordinate staff;
- Partner with government staff in identifying farmer training needs and providing on-site training;
- Coordinate with operations logistics staff on supplies to the field for Food Security and Livelihoods related activities;
- Write quality programme reports which include the weekly reports, monthly monitoring reports and the quarterly reports as required by management, donors and partners;
- Attain and maintain optimal working relationship with partners; beneficiary community, government, partner NGOs, Churches, etc;
- Coordinate all extension activities within the area as may be required by the ARP Coordinator or designee;
- Make petty cash and requisition requests required for the implementation of activities;
- Follow up with Finance & Supply Chain departments on issues related to procurements for the project.
- Participate in capacity building activities to develop financial management skills
- Provide information for project audits as required
- Take good care of the organization’s asset/equipment under his/her custody at any given time e.g. motorbikes, computers, projectors etc;
- Support the maintenance of the Indicator Tracking Table, M & E tables and other relevant monitoring and evaluation documentation.
- Support the implementation of the project baseline, assessments and End of Project evaluations;
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in agriculture with a bias towards agronomy from a reputable institution;
- At least three (3) years of experience in the food security or related field and in a non-profit organization;
- A very good understanding of agriculture extension delivery methods and management of low input agriculture systems;
- Excellent writing and reporting skills to management and donors on project progress and challenges;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills both orally and in writing and must have the ability to work with minimum supervision;
- The ability to speak Arabic and other local languages is a major advantage.
- Experience working with NGOs will be an added advantage.
- The candidate should be self-motivated and able to work without supervision.
N.B: This position is open to South Sudanese Nationals Only.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their applications which include the cover letter, together with an updated CV with at least three referees with their telephone contact addressed to The Human Resource Manager, World Vision South Sudan
Applications can be submitted either online to this email firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to World Vision Offices in Juba. Plot N*1, Block BX 2nd Class, Hai Cinema (next to MTN, Hai Cinema),
(Please indicate on all your documents the position you are applying for)
Closing date for receiving applications is: 27th May, 2017
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted and documents once submitted will not be returned to the candidates.
The candidate finally selected should comply with the child protection policy applied in the Organization