Job Title: Nutrition Coordinator
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
World Vision is looking for a dynamic person to fill the position of Nutrition Coordinator for its Hunger crises project for Northern Barh el Ghazal and Unity regions.
This position will be based in Juba with frequent travels to project areas (40% of time in Juba).
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of the position to coordinate and ensure a successful implementation of nutrition projects in both Unity and Northern Barh el Ghazal and Unity states. The nutrition coordinator will ensure that the nutrition projects are well integrated in the designated health facilities and also provided through outreach points.
The Nutrition coordinator will work in close collaboration with the MoH, SMoH, the CHD and the nutrition cluster. S/he will provide supervision, technical support and direction to Nutrition operations, and ensure that nutrition interventions are in line with MOH health policy, CMAM and IYCF guidelines.
- Ensure the nutrition projects are implemented in line with MoH nutrition guidelines and project documents ( LGF, work plan and budgets)
- Provide regular and consistent technical support to health workers and CHWs at health facilities and during outreaches through monthly targeted On-Job-Training, regular mentorship and regular supervision with an aim of capacity building them.
- Ensure that community nutrition volunteers are adequate trained and supervised.
- Ensure quality nutrition interventions are provided to target population.
- Set up a commodity supply system and ensure that CMAM supplies are well managed and stock out prevented. Monitor Supplies for SFP/OTP/SC and ensure records are well kept.
- Monitor closely the implementation of the project and ensure that targets are reached.
- Ensure proper management of the budget in order to prevent deviations.
- Ensure data for the Nutrition Information System (NIS) are submitted on time.
- Contribute in the development of training curriculum, and data collection tools
- Facilitate or co-facilitate nutrition related trainings for health Workers e.g. IMAM, IYCF and other HINI components.
- Ensure that all the community structures are established and functional.
- Support the systematic delivery of Health, Hygiene and Nutrition education messages to the target programme beneficiaries and the entire community.
- Submit regular progress report to the project Manager for continuous assessment of the effectiveness and the impact of the programme
- Co-ordinate and monitor the nutrition interventions at facility level in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health staff and other partners in the area.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition or Post graduate diploma in Public health .
- A registered nurse or clinical officer with at least 5 years of experience in the implementation of nutrition project in emergency.
- Experience in project and budget management.
- Computer literate with experience in report writing.
N.B: This position is open to South Sudanese Nationals Only.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their applications which include the cover letter, together with an updated CV with at least three referees with their telephone contact addressed to The Human Resource Manager, World Vision South Sudan
Applications can be submitted either online to this email email@example.com or hand delivered to World Vision Offices in Juba. Plot N*1, Block BX 2nd Class, Hai Cinema (next to MTN, Hai Cinema),
(Please indicate on all your documents the position you are applying for)
Closing date for receiving applications is: 27th May, 2017
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted and documents once submitted will not be returned to the candidates.
The candidate finally selected should comply with the child protection policy applied in the Organization