Job title: Health Project officer x 2
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
World Vision is looking for a dynamic person to fill two vacancies of the position of health Project Officer for its Integrated Child Survival Project for Northern Barh el Ghazal and Upper Nile (Renk).
These positions will be based in NBG (Non-relocatable) and Renk (Relocatable) respectively.
Purpose of the position:
The overall purpose of this position is to provide child survival interventions in NBeG and Upper Nile states in order to improve child health outcomes and decrease child mortality. The project officer will ensure that projects are implemented in line with the Integrated Child Survival project documents (LGF, workplan), the South Sudan MoH basic package of health and nutrition services and the Boma Health Initiatives.
- Provide leadership to the team of health staff in the implementation of Primary Health Care services in the in the Project area as guided by the project objectives, logical framework and work plan; and guided by the SS MoH BPHNS, BHI, WVI and WHO/UNICEF set standards;
- Build capacity and provide supportive supervision to health workers and CHWs and HHPs.
- Ensure quality in the implementation of the integrated child survival project.
- Ensure community structures are in place and functional.
- Represent WVSS in health coordination meetings and in the technical forums at county level
- In liaison with County health Officer, SSRRC, County Secretary and other county authorities, organize community meetings and campaign forums that promote participation of communities, the rights of returnees and support the value of health for returnees and host communities
- Liaise with P&C and county health office in the recruitment and mentoring of PHCC/PHCU staff.
- In collaboration with State and County Health authorities, take stock, develop distribution plans and distribute health awareness and learning materials to targeted communities;
- Schedule and facilitate trainings of health staff ,TBA’s and Health committees for the targeted communities;
- Oversee the creation and management of Health groups for life skills training and community awareness;
- Train Community Health and other Committee members in community mobilization, organization, and health delivery services;
- Facilitate monitoring visits by donors, government officials and other WV staff to the project;
- Compile and submit in a timely manner regular activity, progress and evaluation reports to FRAP Coordinator, Regional Program Manager and Health Sector Advisor.
- Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned, including administrative and planning functions.
- Participate and lead in weekly chapel services or daily devotional meetings.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, or Diploma in Nursing, or Diploma in clinical medicine.
- Experience in project management, and monitoring.
- Vast experience in the implementation of
- General understanding of health service delivery, especially those related to women and children; and skills
- At least 2 years’ experience working with community groups;
- Proven abilities in managing successful Primary health care programmes in South Sudan
- Energetic and self-motivated, with skills in community mobilization, training, and team-building;
- Proven analytical, problem-solving skills and comfortable working under minimal supervision;
- Highly organized, efficient, and able to meet key deadlines;
N.B: This position is open to South Sudanese Nationals Only.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their applications which include the cover letter, together with an updated CV with at least three referees with their telephone contact addressed to The Human Resource Manager, World Vision South Sudan
Applications can be submitted either online to this email email@example.com or hand delivered to World Vision Offices in Juba. Plot N*1, Block BX 2nd Class, Hai Cinema (next to MTN, Hai Cinema),
(Please indicate on all your documents the position you are applying for)
Closing date for receiving applications is: 27th May, 2017
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted and documents once submitted will not be returned to the candidates.
The candidate finally selected should comply with the child protection policy applied in the Organization