EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – COMMUNICATIONS OFFICERR
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide.
The Communications Officer will be responsible for planning and creation of all communication materials, manage the organizations’ brand strategy and visibility as well as lead in the documentation of program activities. The Communication Officer will also work closely with headquarters communication team to create content for upload on website and contribute to the organizational communication goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/SCOPE OF WORK: (Essential functions, quality/quantity expected list of marginal duties and number of national/and or expat staff supervised).
- Manage and ensure consistent branding and visibility in all platforms including print and digital collateral materials to integrate with and support organization’s goals and activities.
- Lead in story, photo and video assets development that support overall visibility and fundraising efforts tied to organizational goals and strategy.
- Support the development, editorial, design and production of high-quality, effective print, electronic, web and video communications, including the organization’s annual report, brochures, photo books, cape statements, newsletters, etc.
- Liaise with headquarters communication team to create content to be used on the web and on the various social media platforms as well as assist in driving program promotional campaigns.
- Provide assistance and editorial support to field teams in the production of a wide range of regular reporting requirements, including ‘Success Stories’ highlighting program activities and achievement.
- Lead and advise in all media engagement activities.
- Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Mass Communication or equivalent required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong skills in using Adobe Master Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel & Power Point
- Strong photography and audio visual production skills.
- Creative, self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented.
- Minimum of 3-4 year’s work experience in communications office.
- Ability to work with a diverse team, including international teams.
- Ability to work quickly and produce quality work under pressure
- Ability to travel and spend extended time in the field, with limited facilities and often under harsh conditions.
- Somali speaker preferred.
How to Apply:
IMC Somalia is inviting qualified candidates who meet the above requirements to send cover letter and CV to the following email address: somaliajobs@InternationalMedicalCorps.org. Please indicate the job title in the email subject line clearly. Deadline for applications: 13h June 2017. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL CORPS is an equal opportunity employer