EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – COMPLIANCE MANAGERR
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical and nutrition assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
The compliance Manager will work together with the Roving Compliance Officer and compliance department in conducting a planned compliance review, provide an independent review on the control areas of the organization and will confirm during a follow up testing whether the prior year compliance , internal and/or/external audit, donor recommendations are fully implemented by the respective departments , provide technical support to functions/department in the CO and Field Office management and staff in order to ensure an efficient internal control system are emplaced within the country office.
The Compliance Manager will provide support to assist IMC Somalia program to effectively oversee the operations of country program in order make sure the Country program is in compliance with IMC policies and procedures, Local laws and donor regulations. She/he will be based in field offices as and when required, will assist in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the country program.
- Perform compliance review planning procedures and conduct a planned compliance review based on the required organizational compliance templates and procedures.
- Conduct periodic review on CO, field offices and implementing partner financial data and documents, operation and program delivery to assure accuracy, completeness and compliance with policies, and
- procedures and applicable government regulations, donor requirement and others
- Evaluate adequacy and consistency of internal control system during a compliance review appointment or engagement.
- Conduct trainings to staff and vendors as per work plan established with the Roving Compliance Officer
- Provide analysis and identify risk prone financial, procurement and operational and other areas to properly address during the review to set priority.
- Ensure and support CO and implementing partners to develop policies and procedure that enable them to comply with IMC and donor’s administrative requirements, during compliance review appointment or engagement
- Comply with and enforce IMC’s sub award Manual, including required procedures and documentation
- Providing the final review of procurement transactions, >1,000 USD an established threshold, to ensure adequate supporting documentation, compliance with IMC’s Procurement Manual and donor regulations;
- Conduct a complete review of supply chain management on commodity management, distribution and monitoring apart from the financial, operational and performance review required above and submit draft review report to Roving Compliance Officer
- Review of compliance with donor reporting to ensure accuracy and timely submission,
- Review of monthly financial package/reports before submission to donors and split,
- Review the adequacy & fair cost allocation (Cost Allocation Methodology) and Master Budget (pipeline review) and FR timely submission
- The compliance officer reviews the payroll month preparation and transfer process every month.
- Test Annual recruitment plan, review the completeness of personal files and HR management system from recruiting to exit (, advertising, screening, choosing, Induction & orientation process and exit process) and review selection process of consultancy done by HR.
- 3-5 years’ experience required.
- Audit, Risk and/or Compliance Experience (preferably with INGOs)
- Solid Experience with INGOs (different number of years depending on seniority)
- Certified CIA or CPA or CRM (for the manager and coordinator position)
- Strong knowledge of donor regulations (preferably USAID, DFID, ECHO, etc.)
- Strong Team Management and Leadership Skills (for the manager and coordinator)
- Strong time Management and organizational skills (for all)
- Solid experience with Excel, Word and Power Point
- Strong familiarity with the different types of instruments (Grants, Contracts, sub-awards, etc.)
- A generalist with strong familiarity with various business controls (HR, Finance, Procurement, Logs, I.T, Program)
- Language Skills: English and a second foreign language with solid communication and writing skills.
- Somali speaking preferred.
How to Apply:
IMC Somalia is inviting qualified candidates who meet the above requirements to send cover letter and CV to the following email address: somaliajobs@InternationalMedicalCorps.org. Please indicate the job title in the email subject line clearly. Deadline for applications: 13th June 2017. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL CORPS is an equal opportunity employer