URGENT VACANT POSITION: MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
FH Kenya a Christian relief and development agency seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Post Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Reports to: M & E Manager
Contract Duration: One year (renewable)
Applications closing date: 14th June 2017
Motivated by Christ’s love, this position plays a key role in promoting the wholistic ministry of Food for the Hungry (FH) through the framework of the organization’s vision, “God called and we responded until physical and spiritual hungers ended worldwide.” In order to accomplish this vision, FH’s mission is to “walk with churches leaders and families in overcoming all forms of human poverty by living in healthy relationship with God and His creation.”
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION
The M & E Officer reports hierarchically to the M & E Manager
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To support programs in FH Kenya through the development, implementation and monitoring of a sound M&E frame work.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key result # 1 – Monitoring and evaluation needs assessment
To determine information needs of project management, implementing partners and primary stakeholders, and funding agencies.
- To identify and design performance questions, key indicators and targets for each project component.
- Reviewing the relevance of existing social and economic data for the project area.
- Creating the TOR, designing and costing out a baseline survey and a needs assessment survey (as appropriate);
- Reviewing existing M&E and management information systems of each project and identify needs for support.
Key result # 2 – Data management and reporting
- To collect, compile and analyze data and reports and create consolidated progress reports.
- To support establishment of data collection systems within programs when requested/review existing data collection tools on regular basis.
- Reviewing monitoring reports and asses interim impacts and causes of potential bottlenecks in implementation.
- To support teams, review and reflect on project implementation processes to enhance learning and replication of best practices
- To support staffs to comply with set M&E systems and ensure timely update of M&E software.
Key result # 3: M&E information sharing
- To guide and supervise organizations/individuals that are sub-contracted to implement special surveys or studies required for evaluating project effects and impacts.
- To provide training on M&E and facilitate M&E design and implementation processes with implementing partners and primary stakeholders.
- To provide support to implement the M&E plan, revise and update performance questions, indicators, methods, formats and analytical processes.
- Verifying performance information provided by program teams to ensure accuracy
- To enhance community M&E mechanisms/structures through participatory processes and follow up on project quality implementation through regular project field visits
Key result # 4: Capacity strengthening of communities and staff on M&E
- To strengthen the capacity of project implementing staff on M&E.
- To assess the capacity of communities in implementation of M&E activities
- To strengthen the capacity of local implementing committees and partners on Participatory Monitoring and evaluation.
- A strong Christian committed to serving the poor.
- Experience in community participatory methodologies such as PRA, PUA, Rapid Appraisals, Barrier analysis Gender analysis etc.
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Good understanding of project planning, implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation processes.
- Good contextual knowledge of local issues, community priorities, organizational relationships, social and cultural constraints and realities, and environmental condition.
- knowledge of statistical computer packages e.g. SPSS, EPI-INFO etc.
- Knowledge on use of mobile data collection applications
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and highly organized and able to multitask.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors’ degree – in Social Science, Statistics, project management, community development or a related field, and at least three years’ experience in an NGO set up.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to: Human Resource Manager Email address: email@example.com latest by 14th June 2017.
This is an urgent position therefore shortlisting will be done as CVs are received.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contact