Lutheran World Federation World Service Kenya-Djibouti Program is seeking to recruit Kenyan
Nationals for the position of Finance Officer to be based in Kakuma Refugee Camp.
The Finance Officer will be based in Kakuma Refugee Camp and shall be responsible for supporting
financial management in directing budget and cost controls, financial reporting, financial analysis and
forecasting, management of operational budgets and staff supervision.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Checking and approving all cash payments, National staff payroll, other temporary staff payroll
and incentives payments on a monthly basis.
• Ensuring consolidation and reconciliations of the various ledgers are done monthly.
• Preparing and confirming of UNHCR IPFR on quarterly basis or as needed and sending to UNHCR,
Kakuma. Ensuring necessary follow-up to get approvals at the local level and on a timely basis.
• Preparation and facilitation of internal and external audits and any other financial verification
from donors at Kakuma level.
• Confirmation of budget codes, budget control and monitoring in liaison with the Project
Coordinator and Sector Heads.
• Periodic review of staff costs from available budgets from different projects and take necessary
measures for use as per allocation from donors.
• Ensuring consistency with donor and organizational policies, agreements, guidelines, rules and
regulations in the implementation of projects while initiating appropriate remedial actions.
• Coordinating the preparation, appraisal, approval and revision of project proposals, documents
and quality review of institutional contracts and agreements.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Profile
• Degree in Finance or Business related discipline from a recognized University
• CPA (K) and a member of ICPAK in good standing
• 5 years relevant working experience in a busy Finance Office; NGO experience preferred
• Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
• Good communication and excellent inter-personal skills
• A team player who is responsible, diplomatic and confident in dealing with people at all levels
• Planning, analytical and organization skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and irregular working hours
• Basic understanding of Project Life Cycle Management
• Conducting him/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to
LWF World Service and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
LWF World Service is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious
affiliation. LWF World Service is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our
recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of
abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
An application letter and a detailed CV including full contact details of 3 referees, one of whom must be
your supervisor in your current employment to be addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving applications is 13th of June 2017