VSO globally runs programmes in Health, Secure livelihoods and Education. Social accountability and Gender, Social Inclusion and resilience/climate change are core approaches used in all VSO’s programme areas.
VSO Kenya has a presence in 21 counties in Kenya implementing various projects inEmpowered Youth for Employment and Entrepreneurship, InclusiveEducation and Social accountability. We initiate research, pilot innovative approaches, and conduct participatory evaluations to help strengthen the voice of primary actors (beneficiaries) in policy dialogue. We do this by recruiting and placing volunteers (within communities, projects and strategic partners), conducting trainings, research, policy briefings and by facilitating peer exchanges. VSO focuses on strengthening government and community structures, building the capacities of women, youth, girls and boys, persons with disabilities to increase accessibility of communities to quality Inclusive education to economic empowerment and entrepreneurial skills, health and other social services.
In anticipation of funding, we’re looking for a PROJECT OFFICER for the Access to Quality Education for Children and Adolescentswith Disabilities Project.
- Coordination of all project activities, monitoring and evaluation, project reporting, and dissemination of reports as appropriate.
- Lead in documentation and dissemination of change stories and knowledge products deduced from project implementation and learning
- Lead in identifying, assessing and building capacity of local implementing partners in target areas
- Engage in lobbying and advocacy with relevant Civil Society Organisations at micro, meso and macro level in influencing development and implementation of government policies necessary in enhancing access to quality and inclusive basic education
- Support administrative work of the project by providing logistical support to planning, training and review of workshops, conferences; and ensure invitations, follow-up, liaisons with relevant partners, volunteers, VSO Kenya staff and resource personnel are done.
- Support regular updates to partners and volunteers enquiries relating to the administrative matters of the Project.
- Ensure proper budgeting, timely budget tracking and check compliance to financial management policies and donor requirements through out project period
- Work cooperatively as a member of the Inclusive Education programme and support in signature programme design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Provide duty of care for all staff and volunteers in the project in collaboration with IE programme manager
- Establish and strengthen partnerships relevant to realization of project/programme objectives
- Any other duties as may be required from time to time by the Programme Manager.
You will have:
- Bachelor of Education degree with specialisation in Special Needs or inclusive education; further qualification in development, project management or related area would be an advantage.
- At least 3 years relevant experience including the formulation, implementation and review of development strategies and effective project management
- Experience in developing and implementing advocacy and campaign strategies
- Experience working with children and youth with disabilities, and their families in education or livelihood initiatives or successful work with persons with disabilities.
- Knowledge on disability rights and inclusion practices
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Evidence of effective problem solving and organisational skills
- Evidence of professionalism and high integrity
- Evidence of openness to learning to improve own performance
We invite qualified and interested applicants to apply. Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com 25th June 2017. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications.
VSO is an equal opportunity employer.