The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti. It also runs regional specialist units that provide support and expertise to the ICRC’s delegations in East Africa, the Great Lakes region and the Horn of Africa.
The ICRC Regional Delegation in Nairobi is seeking for an experienced and highly motivated person to fill the above-mentioned position to be based in Nairobi.
- Analyse, plan and perform carpentry works within given time frame;
- Assess materials and estimate cost required for given projects and follow-up of pending works with reports;
- Make different kinds of furniture / joinery with good finishing;
- Give proposals of joinery work on the best and cost effective approach;
- Knowledge in the use of electric carpentry equipment i.e. planners, jigsaws, sander and drills;
- Academic “O” level or equivalent;
- Government Grade III certificate in carpentry and joinery or an equivalent;
- Good computer skills;
- Have a valid driver’s licence;
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar position.
- Good analytical and communication skills;
- Good sense of workmanship and quality conscious;
- Meticulous, with ability to work independently and in a team;
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to Human Resources Office on the address or e-mail below, onor before23rdJune 2017.
Please include a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
International Committee of the Red Cross, Nairobi Regional Delegation,
P.O Box 73226, Nairobi, 00200, Kenya: