Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organisations in Kenya. Its vision is to be the most effective, most trusted and self-sustaining humanitarian organization in Kenya, serving present and future generations.
KRCS is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position:
|Position Title: Procurement Officer, Contracting
Reporting to: Procurement Manager
Job location: Headquarters
The Procurement Officer, Contracting is under the general supervision of the Procurement Manager. Responsible for soliciting, awarding, and monitoring a variety of contracts: including consulting, and professional services, construction, and other services to meet KRCS’s needs; and for developing, issuing, and managing post-award administration of formal requests for proposals, RFQs, and other miscellaneous solicitations within limits of delegated authority. S/he will serve as the supplier Relations Officer responsible in all aspects of contractual agreements.
- Oversees contracts activity in order to ensure compliance with KRCS and policies and procedures.
- Prepare contracting documents; LPO, LSO and contract documents as per the award and follow up on approvals.
- Ensure orders and contracts are sent to successful bidders on time.
- Prepare and send tender notifications to both successful and unsuccessful bidders
- Track order deliveries and send feedback internally on any delays
- Conducts meetings with contractors to resolve major complaints to ensure efficient and effective resolution of issues and assists with post-award contract disputes.
- Undertake vendor rating to check consistency of vendors in complying to contractual agreements by rating them on delivery times, quality, cost and any other parameter
- Coordinates contract amendment process, ensuring that amendments are in compliance with original solicitations and contract statements of work or specifications.
- Update users on delivery status of requirements for their respective units
- Follow up on changes or amendments that may be required on orders or contracts already approved to accommodate proposed changes.
- Manage record keeping and archiving of all concluded procurements for audit trail.
- Coordinates a variety of contract administration activities, including the preparation and management of rate and cost adjustments, time extensions, change orders, stop work orders,
- Prepare quarterly reports on all procurements concluded
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in any business related course/ procurement/supply chain
- Professional qualification in procurement completed or ongoing ( CIPS or CPSP)
- 3-5 years of experience in procurement
- Ability to work independently in an environment where judgment must be exercised rapidly.
- Analytics Skills.
- Contract management skills
- Negotiation skills
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to the address below on or before 26th June 2017.
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100,
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of certificates & testimonials, names and contacts of three referees.