Finance and Grants Officer
USTADI Foundation invites applications for the position of Finance and Grants Officer. The details of the position and procedure for application are appended below.
|Job title||Finance and Grants Officer|
|Purpose||To provide Finance support to the USTADI finance team|
|Responsible to||Finance, Grant and Administrative Manager|
|Position type||Full time|
About USTADI Foundation
USTADI Foundation is a registered independent organization under the Kenyan law. It is part of a global network of local capacity development facility initiatives, which aims works with the local communities in promoting demand and supply of innovative and catalytic capacity development services for improved livelihoods and wealth creation. We achieve this through two types of services; Market facilitation services and grant and investment management services.
Under the general supervision of the Finance, Grants and Administration Manager the incumbent’s responsibilities will include the following;
- Ensure that all financial documentation is maintained according to USTADI’s standards and donor requirements to the extent they can be fully audited with limited or no adverse findings
- Maintain and update a filing system and to ensure proper custody and tracking of finance documents i.e. vouchers, bank correspondence etc.
- Assist in the development of organizational/projects financial plan and budget process to ensure reasonableness and donor compliance
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports for internal management as well as external purposes
- Assist in preparing bank reconciliations on a monthly basis and month end closure processes
- Assist in reviewing invoices for accuracy and that they match with the LPO
- Prepare monthly staff payroll and follow up of Payment of all statutory deductions;
- Assist in monitoring of grant/cash advance and liquidation balances closely and ensuring timely liquidations
- Review of cost share reports to ensure compliance against grant commitments
- Work with the BDS/Programmes team to ensure that the projects are implemented as per the proposal and donor specifications
- Assist in Procurement and coordination of logistics
- Perform any duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Finance or Accounting option;
- Qualified CPA part II;
- Knowledge and/or experience in Navision software (required)
- Keen and pays attention to detail;
- Ability to work well within a team and independently unsupervised and develop on the job;
- Possess Excel spread sheet and word-processing programs at a highly proficient level;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and meet multiple deadlines;
- Detail-oriented with good multi-tasking abilities and communication skills, both oral and written;
- Must be numerate and not easily bored with figures;
- Exposure to one or more computerised accounting packages will be an added advantage;
- The candidate must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of a Finance Intern;
- Flexibility and a can-do approach to tasks and the ability to adapt to a changing and challenging environment.
The incumbent will acquire technical knowledge in the area of Finance and grants, including accounting processes, acquire understanding on policies/procedures associated with finance from NGO perspective.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates should forward their applications including a cover letter, curriculum vitae and telephone contacts and email addresses of 3 referees preferably former/current supervisors (certificates will be required later on in the recruitment process) to: email@example.com indicating the position on the subject line of the email.
Deadline for receiving the applications is on 19th June 2017, 5.00pm. Any applications received after the deadline will be disqualified automatically.