Job Title: Administration Officer (Ref.2017/039)
Department: Administration Department
Reports To: Administrator
Country/Location: Kisumu (1) Eldoret (1)
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners, people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
CRS has worked in Kenya since 1965. Over the years, CRS’ focus shifted from direct relief and food distributions to a comprehensive development program that works with partners and enhances local capacity. CRS Kenya programs now support children affected by HIV, and community-based efforts to increase household incomes, improve family health and sanitation, and enhance agriculture livelihoods
CRS is implementing a 5 year orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) program, MWENDO, which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV and child protection systems and services and the linkages between them, including cross-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery for OVC and their House Holds.
You will coordinate the provision of responsive, effective, and efficient administrative services in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will help ensure stewardship of resources and a high-quality service approach are integrated into administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate and report on activities and required resources to ensure cost efficient and quality service delivery from administrative support functions.
- Help ensure administrative systems, processes, and policies are in line with agency standards and donor and local law regulations.
- Serve as liaison for Human resources support for the project office.
- Engage with relevant external stakeholders (government officials, landlords, service providers, etc.) on assigned administrative matters and help ensure required authorizations and documents are up-to-date.
- Coordinate the efficient use of CP assets and rented facilities. Help ensure fully compliant procurement of office materials and asset management systems.
- Help identify safety issues and ensuring a safe and sound work environment.
- Coordinate the provision of travel and logistics support and services to staff and visitors. Coordinate event planning activities, including delegation visits, trainings and workshops.
TYPICAL BACKGROUND, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Experience
- Degree in Business Administration or relevant field required. Certification in Project Management and HR will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in administrative support functions, with increasing responsibility. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
- Knowledge of the USAID procurement, taxation of U.S. Government Foreign Assistance and travel related policies and procedures within Kenya.
- Experience in HR administration and processes
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience and proficient skills in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Good planning, organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer service orientation with very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ethical conduct and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
20% out of duty station
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Supervisory: Administration Assistant, Contracted service providers
Internal: All Staff
External: Partners, Vendors, Visitors
AGENCY-WIDE COMPETENCIES (FOR ALL CRS STAFF):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Written applications indicating the reference number of position applied for and CV including day-time contact phone numbers, as well as names and contact information of three references should reach the below-mentioned by Close of Business Friday, July 27, 2017.
Human Resources Manager
Catholic Relief Services – Kenya Program
E-mail : Crskenyafirstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment. Further, CRS has not retained any agent in connection with this recruitment
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.