TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti. It also runs regional specialist units that provide support and expertise to the ICRC’s delegations in East Africa, the Great Lakes region and the Horn of Africa.
The ICRC Regional Delegation in Nairobi is seeking for an experienced and highly motivated person to fill the resident position mentioned below to be based in Nairobi for 4 Months.
ASSISTANT LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT (lNd)
Open to Kenyan Nationals only
THE KEY Responsibilities:
- Managing the unit in the absence of trainers & Senior assistant;
- Contacts with National Societies (NS) in relation to training needs;
- Update the year planner of the Africa team;
- Keeps LnD equipment in order and good functioning;
- Carries out general office work;
- Able to respond and follow-up on electronic mail; Carries out general office tasks;
- Schedule transport requests to conference venue;
- Attending to participants’ concerns and well-being i.e. liaison with concerned departments i.e. Health, HR;
- Reports to the Senior LnD Assistant;
- General course administration duties;
- Liaises with concerned departments in the Delegation and HQ;
- Makes arrangements with hotels concerning set-up/equipping of the conference room and social events during LnD courses;
- Maintains the stores and inventory of stationary;
- Filing of documents.
- Diploma in Secretarial or equivalent;
- Computer literate;
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar function with an administrative orientation, and good references;
- Good organizational, communication skills and able to work in a team;
- Good sense of responsibility and good analytical skills;
- Determination & Initiative and focus.
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to; Human Resource Office on the address or e-mail below, before 4th August, 2017.
Please include; Application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees. (Indicate the position title on the subject line).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
International Committee of the Red Cross, Nairobi Regional Delegation, Denis Pritt Road,
P.O. Box 73226, Nairobi, 00200, Kenya