Bishop Gassis Relief and Rescue Foundation
The Bishop Gassis Relief and Rescue Foundation (BGRRF) is implementing programmes in response to humanitarian needs in South Sudan and Sudan. In addition the organization continues to run development, humanitarian and pastoral service activities in both Nuba Mountains and in Twic State in South Sudan. The activities include Health, Education, Women’s Groups, Radio Station, Water and Sanitation provision and the Diocese’s Pastoral Service Programmes. To support the implementation of these programmes, BGRRF is recruiting a Procurement Officer to be based in Nairobi.
1Position Procurement Officer
The Procurement Officer works with the Procurement Manager to ensure effective procurement and asset management of BGRRF. The Procurement Officer contributes to ensuring the timeliness of procurement support services and compliance to organisational and donor policies and procedures. They are part of a team working to ensure provision of goods and services of the highest quality and in the most cost effective and efficient manner
. The Person Specifications:
- Degree or equivalent in supply chain and purchasing management or other related field from a recognised institution.
- At least 3-years relevant experience in similar position or level required – South Sudan NGO experience preferred
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Desired: Membership with the Procurement professional body.
- Must be scrupulously honest and foster an atmosphere of trust and integrity
- Working knowledge and experience of computers and skills in a variety of software packages including MS Office. Experience of conducting internet sourcing and price comparisons
- Knowledge of various donor regulations eg: USAID/OFDA procurement regulations and the local public procurement and disposal act.
- Demonstrated ability to perform fast, efficient and cost effective procurement service whilst maintaining high standards. Custom service orientated.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken English
- Proven ability to prepare relevant reports and maintain complete files and records
- Good negotiator, and problem solving skills
- Ability to operate efficiently and be successful under pressure and difficult conditions,
Interested candidates should send their applications to email@example.com by 28th July 2017. The cover letter should indicate the present and desired salary, notice period and 3 current references.