Fundraising and Communication Officer
Closing date: 12 Sep 2017
CBM is an international Christian disability and inclusive development organization whose primary purpose is to improve quality of life of the world’s poorest persons with disabilities and those at risk of disability, who live in the most disadvantaged societies. We are looking to recruit the following position.
Fundraising and Communications Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
To play a key role in the development and implementation of CBM Kenya’s fundraising activities in order to secure funding for programme work and organizational core costs
- Implement and continuously improve a fundraising strategy to grow income for CBM Kenya based on research and knowledge of the most appropriate sources of income.
- Explore the partnership potential of strategic corporate engagements to ensure corporate alliances are strategic as well as philanthropically aligned, securing financial contributions and the support of employees.
- Write tailored applications and high quality proposals and concepts, addressing grant-making priorities or requirements as specified by individuals, corporate, trusts and foundations.
- Contribute new ideas for fundraising and identify and implement suitable funding initiatives
- Produce detailed annual and periodic action plans on specific areas of responsibility outlined and agreed upon, identifying areas for growth and development and outlining measurable objectives.
- Objectively review the success and achievements against agreed targets, identifying strengths, weaknesses and areas for development.
- Maintain organized hard and soft files of all fundraising data and information.
- Support the Executive Director in managing the CBM Kenya donor database, ensuring that records are up to date and that all new contacts and correspondence has been entered.
- Participate in the day-to-day work of the organization – such as reporting, attending team and Board/Organizational meetings as required, and taking a flexible approach to general administrative and support tasks.
- Contribute to the production of the Annual Review and Newsletter, including writing copy, liaising with printers and designers, distribution to country offices and donors.
- Manage and maintain all of CBM Kenya’s Website, CBMkenya.org and ensure that the fundraising and communications information is up to date.
- Assist with resource gathering: collection, compilation and publication of beneficiary stories and images
- Advertise, identify and recruit volunteers as required to support the functions of the fundraising team
- Carry out volunteer inductions and orientations
- Work with, manage and supervise volunteers
- Minimum- Undergraduate degree,
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Marketing, Fundraising or Communications
- Proven experience in Individual, Trusts, Multi/Bi Lateral donor or corporate fundraising
- Proven record of successful applications for funding from various grant-making bodies
- Demonstrable ability to develop relationships with corporate partners and Trusts
- Experience of researching Individual, Multi/Bi Lateral donor, Trust and Corporate funding opportunities.
- Working within a fundraising or sales environment, preferably within an international development charity
- Excellent communications, presentation, interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills for engaging with a wide variety of contacts / audiences.
- Excellent written skills with the ability to produce concise and creative proposals and bids
- Ability to communicate complex messages in an accessible manner for varied audiences
- Good conceptual and analytical skills and ability to think and operate innovatively and independently
- Good administration and organizational skills and ability to optimize independent use of time against variable workload and prioritize own workload with minimum supervision
- Ability to manage resources optimally as well as understand and generate budgets
- Ability to work well with others and to be a team player
- Ability and willingness to travel for work
- Willingness to adhere to and sign the CBM Code of Conduct to Protect Children and Vulnerable Persons and other required CBM policy documentation
How to apply:
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to email@example.com
Application deadline: 5 pm Tuesday, 12th September 2017.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities who qualify to apply for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.