REGIONAL FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER – KAMPALA
From: IMPACT Initiatives
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017
IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organization manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in data collection, management and analysis, GIS and remote-sensing. IMPACT was launched at the initiative of ACTED, an international NGO whose headquarter is based in Paris and is present in thirty countries. The two organizations have a strong complementarity formalized in a global partnership, which allows particularly IMPACT to benefit from ACTED’s operational support on its fields of intervention.
REACH was born in 2010 as a joint initiative of two International NGOs (IMPACT Initiatives and ACTED) and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT). REACH’s purpose is to promote and facilitate the development of information products that enhance the humanitarian community’s decision making and planning capacity for emergency, reconstruction and development contexts, supporting and working within the framework of the humanitarian reform process. REACH facilitates information management for aid actors through three complementary services: (a) need and situation assessments facilitated by REACH teams; (b) situation analysis using satellite imagery; (c) provision of related database and (web)-mapping facilities and expertise.
We are currently looking for an IMPACT Regional Finance and Administration Officer to support our FLAT team (Finance, Logistics, Administration and Travel).
Position: IMPACT Regional Finance and Administration Officer
Contract duration: 6 months, renewable
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Start date: ASAP
The continued growth of IMPACT operations, with the number of international staff expected to reach more than 120 by August 2017, a total activity budget of more than 16M CHF for 2017, the consistent increase of IMPACT signed grants and the overall increase of number of projects to be followed-up on a monthly basis, is naturally leading to the need of reinforcing the IMPACT FLAT team in Geneva.
In order to support this growth, IMPACT Initiatives is looking for a Regional Finance and Administration Officer that will be part of the FLAT team and will be based in a field location guaranteeing a closer support to our field teams.
Under the supervision of the Chief Finance and Administration Manager in Geneva, the IMPACT Regional Finance and Administration Officer based in Kampala, will be taking on the following responsibilities.
- Preparation of IMPACT Financial Sheets on the basis of ACTED and donor budgets
- Consolidation of monthly budgets follow-up, including ACTED and IMPACT expenses
- Review of allocations and projections tables with the input of the country focal points
- Review of the expenses and conversion into importable format in SAGE
- Daily communication with the Finance team in Geneva
- Collection, review and related follow-up of monthly attendance sheets and aligned leave requests, ensuring that content/template/signatures are accurate and complete
- Following up on the holidays of international staffs
- Checking seniority of international staffs every month and communicate with HR team in Geneva
- Launch, collection and review of exit forms
- Posting of job offers to attract new candidates within the region
- Audit: First level check of documentation submitted to ensure completeness and related follow-up
- HUB: Support in specific procurement processes related to the countries under responsibilities (research of quotations, preparation of complete procurement documents, etc.)
- Relevant academic background in HR, Finance or Administration;
- At least 1 year of relevant working experience;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Fluency in English and French required;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Ability to work independently;
- Attention to details.
How to apply:
Please send in English your cover letter, CV, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the reference in the subject line of your email.