Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist, Kenya Support Project for USAID/Kenya and East Africa, Kenya
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017
Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist, Kenya Support Project
for USAID/Kenya and East Africa, Kenya
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: **
The project objectives are geared to support and strengthen the current USAID/Kenya East Africa strategy in meeting day to day information needs in order to make informed program management decisions, as well as to provide substantive support with qualitative, quantitative, and analytical information to assist in continually assessing and evaluating the Mission’s development hypothesis.
It also assists the Mission with its public education goals by providing qualitative and anecdotal evidence on the effects of projects on the lives of individual beneficiaries
**Please note: Only Kenyan citizens are eligible for this position.
The M&E Specialist will occupy a critical position on the technical team of the Kenya Support Project (KSP) and will be responsible for working to support USAID/Kenya and East Africa in meeting day to day information needs in order to make informed program management decisions, as well as to provide substantive support with qualitative, quantitative, and analytical information to assist in continually assessing and evaluating the Mission’s development hypothesis.
- Assist with M&E design, planning and implementation, including supervision of data collection, as directed by the Chief of Party, and in close coordination with the Sr. Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation (AME) Advisor
- Develop technical proposals for assessments and evaluations in response to USAID requests
- Understand pertinent USAID policy, relating to monitoring and evaluation
- Assist in recruiting qualified Kenyan M&E specialists and technical experts
- Orient evaluation teams and manage day to day study activities
- Conduct training in performance management, data quality, and evaluative research
- Provide feedback on evaluation reports and other analytical products, as appropriate, and other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party
- A graduate degree in the field of international development or a related technical field.
- At least 3 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of development programs, including experience developing research tools, and training and managing staff in effective use of those tools.
- English language skills at the S/5 and R/5 level to perform technical services
- Ability to travel as needed throughout Kenya and East Africa
- USAID experience is a plus
- Ability to work well in a team
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com