Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung (DSW) is an international development organisation that focuses on the needs and potential of the largest youth generation in history. We are committed to creating demand for and access to health information, services and supplies, and to securing their right for a brighter future.
The project coordinator is responsible for the overall project implementation and acts as the main liaison with the Head Office project management while providing input to certain project-wide activities and processes in collaboration with Advocacy, M&E and Finance Officers. To strengthen capacity to lead Family Planning and Reproductive Health(PFRH) advocacy among local CSOs.
Overall Project Management and liaising with HO
- Coordinate overall project implementation, management and reporting in liaison with HO CapDev Manager and the National department manager.
- Build and strengthen strategic networks and linkages with key actors including decision makers, existing advocacy networks and sub-grantees at local level and link these efforts with national level actions.
- Lead identification and development of lessons learned and good practices for inclusion in the good practise publication.
- Undertake periodic review visits to FPRH partners to backstop challenges and ensure project implementation is on course.
- Responsible for development of annual work plans, preparation and submission of timely program reports, and contribute to monitoring of project performance in line with the monitoring systems and tools
Project Coordinator Job Responsibilities
- Support HO Cap Dev Manager in developing the overall Capacity Development Framework (targets, methodology, training curriculum and other material) for strengthening capacity of local CSO’s capacity to lead advocacy for FPRH
- Lead the adaptation of general training curriculum and material to national context
- Lead capacity development sessions for FPRH CSOs in identified areas including advocacy, participatory methodologies and documentation for change.
- Lead capacity assessments of selected / target CSOs and development of capacity development plans.
- Provide mentorship to sub grantees to achieve goals stated in the capacity development plans to strengthen their organizational capacity to lead advocacy
- Lead the recruitment and management of external resource persons for strengthening sub grantees’ organizational capacity to lead advocacy. (Including internal processes and systems, leadership and governance, financial and administrative processes, documentation & reporting, advocacy tactics and strategy development).
- Receive, analyse and review grant proposals and make recommendations for sub granting
- Monitor implementation of project activities by sub grantees to ensure that they are in line with the project documents
- Support the development of the project’s capacity development framework and is responsible for implementing national trainings in the first project phase.
- The project coordinator is responsible for organizing national planning meetings and workshops, including logistical aspects related to these activities.
- Coordinate and monitor the project staff including the development of clear goals and targets
- Lead regular project reviews and reflection sessions for lesson learning.
- Support resource mobilisation efforts to ensure continued resourcing of Capacity Development projects.
Qualifications for the Project Coordinator Job
- A university degree in social sciences or in other related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position, working with partner organisations in Capacity Development.
- Hands on experience training and building capacity for grass root organisations using participatory methodologies and working based on the understanding of equal partnerships
- Excellent communication skills for advocacy, training, and facilitation.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and manage a variety of activities concurrently
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
How to Apply
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter stating your salary expectations) with the reference “Project Coordinator- Strengthening Local Leadership for Advocacy Project clearly indicated in the email subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: 15th September 2017 Ideal start date: 1st November 2017