This position leads a team responsible for the generation of quality evidence and thematic expertise across VSO’s portfolio of work and for managing the overall learning and knowledge management process for effective programming.
Responsibilities for the Head of Knowledge for Impact Job
- Work with peers in the programmes team and cross-functionally to provide leadership to VSO’s vision and strategy and to develop VSO’s global programme portfolio
- Use the evidence generated through evaluation to support the overall improvement of the quality and impact of all programmes across VSO’s portfolio to increase the organisation’s contribution to positive change for impoverished and marginalized people
- Support VSO’s vision as a knowledge-based organisation, shaping the vision and strategies that will enhance VSO’s learning capability
- Lead by example in embedding People First practice across the organisation
- Strengthen and improve a robust monitoring, evaluation and learning framework that supports action based on learning and evidence.
- Build on existing initiatives on knowledge management and learning in relation to programmes to develop a cohesive knowledge management approach
- Generate and commission quality evidence generation that enables VSO to reflect on, identify good practice and improve the effectiveness and impact of its programmes and theories of change
- Maintain the global results framework as a tool to present and capture overall results and support reflection and learning across VSO
- Provide thematic advice to support core programme areas and signature programmes in applying internal and external learning to programme design and policy formulation.
- Ensure adequate processes for beneficiary feedback and accountability are included in programme design and delivery
- Support the development of Monitoring &Evaluation capacity across the organization
Qualifications for the Head of Knowledge for Impact Job
- Educated to post graduate level in a relevant area (international development or social research and social sciences).
- Experience of driving Programme Quality and leading and supporting organisations to become knowledge-driven
- Being up-to-date on the current international debate around development effectiveness and evaluation and policy research
- Understanding of issues and challenges in supporting individuals and teams through changes to their work practices.
- Knowledge of socio/political/economic issues driving development and poverty.
- Significant experience of working in at senior level in large, complex development organisations
- Proven experience in programme design, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning management and leadership
- Experience of working in international development and ability to develop and apply theories of change and performance measurement systems
- Significant senior leadership experience of managing and motivating, change and emergent development in multi-disciplinary, multicultural and geographical remote teams.
- Proven experience of delivering against demanding targets and objectives whilst striving for excellence
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Volunteer Service Overseas (VSO) career website on www.vsointernational.org to apply