Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child,a future
The New York Supply Centre, is part of UNICEF Supply Division (main location Copenhagen, Denmark). The Centre in New York is expanding in the area of service contracting, working closely with the other UNICEF headquarters divisions. The Procurement Assistant will assist in the procurement of a category of services and a portfolio of goods. The roles will be providing effective services to customers, ensuring accurate and timely processing of requisitions and requests up to the completion and closure of the contracts, with the overall goal of meeting the needs and requirements of the customers.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Contracts Manager, the Procurement Assistant, provides a broad range of transactional, procedural and administrative tasks in support of the efficient contracting of services and related goods for the NY Headquarters Divisions, ensuring timely and efficient output that is in compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt and evaluate irregular cases, and also to recommend improvements to process delivery and design, including:
- Review and evaluate incoming requisitions and requests to ensure quality and adequacy of information, requisitions/specifications, appropriateness of requests, quantities, delivery dates, budgets etc. and monitors sales orders/requisitions to ensure completion of procurement actions in a timely manner. 2. Assist the Contracts Manager in compiling procurement plans received from NY Headquarters Divisions and other requisitioners. 3. Conduct procurement of goods and services in accordance with UNICEF rules and regulations; prepare solicitation documents, bid tabulations, bid evaluations, CRC submissions, prepare POs/Contracts. Provide the necessary support to Division to ensure effective contract management whenever necessary to ensure successful delivery of contracts by the contractors. 4. Prepare Direct Orders (Purchase Orders) against existing Long Term Arrangements (LTA) ensuring that the LTA has valid quantities and lead-time meets requirements. 5. Monitor the status of service contracts and specific KPIs. Pro-actively follow-up on placed orders and deliveries with all parties concerned in order to ensure timely and safe delivery of goods and services. Transmit all relevant information to NY Headquarters Divisions and COs/ROs including changes to planned deliveries, to facilitate delivery and customs clearance of shipments where necessary. Prepare and provides timely and regular status / monitoring reports to NY Headquarters Divisions and COs/ROs.
- Prepare evaluation of suppliers with respect to delivery performance and commercial acceptability. Maintains supplier database and purchase order/contract files with all required procurement documentation (POs, invoices, delivery receipts, payment requests, correspondence etc.) in accordance with UNICEF Supply Guidelines. 7. Assist in the preparations of documents and data required for negotiations. 8. Assist in planning and conducting local market surveys/market seminars on ongoing basis. 9. Any other duties as may be assigned. To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education. Technical or University level courses/certifications in business administration, supply chain management and/or procurement is considered an asset.
- Aminimum of six years relevant working experience, in administrative and/or supply-related work (procurement/contracting, supply) experience is required.
- Working knowledge of UN/UNICEF Supply procedures and systems is considered an asset.
- Non-US candidates must be in possession of a US G4 visa or be a US permanent resident.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office package is required. Knowledge of SAP would be an asset.
The contract duration of these positions are for one (1) year and is effective 1 January 2018.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.To view our Competency Framework, please click here: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=507044