ORGANIZATION: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS
Within the delegated authority and under the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be assigned the primarily, shared, or contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of major duties and key end-results.
- Programme/Project Management
Ensure the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for effective Education programme and project design, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation, including gender disaggregation; provide support for sharing the information with relevant partners Draft sound Education programme budgets for review by the supervisor.
- Project Efficiency and Effectiveness
Enhance project efficiency and effectiveness through implementation follow-on activities with various implementing partners, including monitoring UNICEF inputs, local conditions and resources, flow of supply and non-supply assistance and Education project status.
- Work Plan and Project Documentation
Analyze collected data and information and prepare progress reports including monitoring and reporting indicators by gender; draft changes in Education project work plans and assist in identification of required supplies and equipment as well as in the drafting of Country Programme Recommendation and other project documentation, assuring accuracy and consistency with established rules, regulations and plans of action, and provide support for consultation with partners as required on planning and implementation of Country Programme activities.
- Project Implementation Information and Data
Ensure the appropriateness of financial, administrative and supply documentation; verify that Education project expenditures are within allotments and that data is consistent with the project information and database (e.g., FLS, ProMS). Follow up on queries, including with and by partners, or initiate corrective action on discrepancies.
- Knowledge Sharing
Compile Education project implementation training and orientation materials to promote knowledge sharing with donors and media.
- Communication and Networking
Ensure the effective communication and networking developed and maintained through partnership and collaboration with all stakeholders.
Collaborate with Operations staff to implement internal controls systems and resolve day-to-day issues or discrepancies in financial or supply management; and provide support for orientation and training of all implementing partners to UNICEF financial and supply policies and procedures.
Team with local Government counterparts to exchange information on Education project implementation and status as well as movement and distribution of supplies.
Supports coordination with members of the development community, including NGOs, UN and bilateral agencies in the exchange of information relating to Education sector.
JOB GRADE FACTORS
– The scope of the job duties range from methodical data collection, analysis, reporting to effective monitoring and analysis of project implementation and management, with limited technical decisions on project implementation, evaluation which will impact on project efficiency and delivery. The nature of the job is mostly contributory technical work requiring substantive technical analysis and core knowledge of the functional area. The work makes substantial contribution to the achievement of planned objectives of the project teams and the Section at the solid professional quality level. The supervisor guides and oversees the work process, progress and end-results.
– Duties include the review of appropriateness and completeness of financial and supply documentation as well as adherence to established allotments.
– Technical expertise is required to analyze data and background information in direct support of the Situational Analysis and updates.
– The job requires professional judgement to interpret and apply guidelines correctly; If necessary, recommend deviations from guidelines to programme/project officers, as appropriate.
- Core Values
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Core Competencies
- Communication [ II ]
- Working with People [ I ]
- Drive for Results [ I ]
- Functional Competencies
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts [ I ]
- Analyzing [ II]
- Applying Technical Expertise [ II ]
- Learning and Researching [ II]
- Planning and Organizing [ II ]
- iv) Technical Knowledge [ I ]
- a) Specific Technical Knowledge Required
- Essential professional knowledge of Education/Basic Education programmes.
- Essential Technical Knowledge of theories, principles and methods in areas of: Education; Primary Education, Economics, Social Sciences.
- b) Common Technical Knowledge Required
Knowledge of theories and practices in:
Programme/project management in Education, Monitoring and Evaluation
Training and Capacity Development in Education Alternative Basic Education
Curriculum Development Knowledge Management
University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Education; Primary Education, Economics, Social Sciences, or a field(s) relevant to international development assistance.
- Work experience
Two years of professional work experience at national and international levels relevant Education programmes. Experience working in the UN or other international development organization an asset.
Background in Emergency programme an asset.
- Language Proficiency
- i) Fluency in English and another UN language
- ii) Fluency in English and local working language of the duty station
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=507020