Closing date: 22 Sep 2017
Chemonics seeks a Field Programs Manager for the Global Health Supply Chain-Technical Assistance IDIQ, Francophone Task Order (USAID GHSC-TA, Francophone TO) project. The GHSC-TA Francophone TO will provide technical assistance for strengthening regional, national and sub-national health supply systems in the DRC, Senegal, Benin, and Haiti and will support the USAID/West Africa (USAID/WA) Regional Mission in Accra, Ghana, and will collaborate with other United States Government agencies, country governments, and non-governmental organizations to improve the long-term availability of health commodities. Additionally, the task order will develop a plan to improve preparedness to provide commodities needed to manage disease outbreaks with pandemic potential in select GHSA countries.
The Field Programs Manager will report directly to the USAID GHSC – Technical Assistance, Francophone TO Director based in Arlington, Virginia. The Field Programs Manager is responsible for providing direction and leadership to field teams for the USAID GHSC – Technical Assistance, Francophone TO.
- Directly manage the four country directors for Benin, DRC, Haiti, and Senegal.
- Maintain strong and positive working relationships with stakeholders including USAID and host-country governments.
- Maintain effective communication with staff, the home office, and other internal critical stakeholders
- With the leadership team’s in-country, develop and implement annual work plans that reflect USAID priorities, ministries of health, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure appropriate management methodologies to plan, organize, and control resources to achieve goals.
- Ensure that the country teams report on time and completely on country-specific performance measures
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders in the provision of assistance to build the capacity and capability of national systems.
- Regularly report results to USAID, the ministry of health, other funders, and the home office. Ensure timely submission of technical deliverables.
- Other tasks and objectives as designated by the USAID GHSC – Technical Assistance, Francophone TO Director.
- Advanced degree in health or management-related discipline.
- Minimum ten years of experience in working to strengthen supply chains at the global or country level.
- A graduate degree in operations, management, international development, or public health. A bachelor’s degree in the same fields and an additional five years of work experience beyond the ten required above may be substituted for a graduate degree.
- Experience managing consultants and/or technical experts at a global level.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement complex USAID-funded public health programs or projects in a developing country context.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills.
- Native or full professional proficiency in both English and French.
- At least two years of experience leading a country field program is preferred
- Skilled in leading and managing high-performing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs.
- Professional experience working in Francophone developing countries.
How to apply:
Apply through our Career Center at https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk05/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&… by September 22, 2017. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply