Organization: Mercy Corps
Closing date: 14 Sep 2017
Mercy Corps has been operating in Uganda since 2006. It has and continues to implement programs in Acholi and Karamoja sub regions. Mercy Corps is taking a community-led, market driven approach to address poverty and food insecurity needs through interventions that get to the root causes and contributing factors of economic vulnerability. Donors include the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Walmart Foundation (BUILD).
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the guidance and supervision of the Program Manager & Operations Director, the Operations Officer is responsible for the overall Procurement, Administration & Logistics management of Kitgum Office. In charge of Kitgum operations department, s/he will make sure that all programs in the field are fully supported timely and accurately in all type of logistics needs. S/he is the key person for all the Kitgum Operations arrangements and coordination.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reads and has a clear understanding of the Mercy Corps Fleet Management procedures.
- Ensure that all vehicles are safe and road-worth and that all vehicles have proper on-board vehicle documentation. Maintain administrative vehicle files for each vehicle.
- Continuous tracking of vehicle log-sheets; responsible for monthly compilation of fuel consumptions.
- Schedule vehicle use to meet programmatic and operational needs.
- Maintain vehicle movement board daily.
- Oversee and ensure proper use of the vehicles.
- Oversee fuel consumption purchase and tracking including coordination with gas station(s)
- Organize cleaning of vehicles and motorcycles.
- Organize regular service schedules for vehicles and maintain service schedule files.
- Ensure major repairs are done in a timely manner.
- Has a full understanding of MC procurement policies and formats. Provide training to staff on these policies;
- Enforce proper use of procurement ceilings and approval procedures.
- Ensure that Mercy Corps’ procurement activities are legal and moral.
- Assist Program and Operational personnel in regular procurement planning meetings.
- Obtain quotations and bids from the market for PRs as per Mercy Corps standards and formats;
- Interact with contractors, in coordination with the Program.
- Ensures that the required documentation of supplies and transactions are completed to MC standards.
- Reads and has a clear understanding of the Mercy Corps Asset Management Manual and all procedures;
- Ensures that procedures outlined in the Mercy Corps Asset Management Manual will be implemented in Field Office.
- Ensure all new Mercy Corps assets in the field office are in the asset register and ensure the appropriate coding and tags are placed on each item.
- Ensures the electronic database is updated monthly and provide an electronic copy to supervisor; a hard copy is printed, signed and filed in the assets folder;
- Advises colleagues on guidelines of Mercy Corps asset and equipment use guidelines.
- Serve as security focal point for the field office, update and implement security policies appropriate for the local context
- Ensure all national and international staff are well-informed of security policies and procedures, including emergency strategies and evacuation plans
- Train the hired security staff on Mercy Corps Security Standard Operating Procedures
- Submit regular security reports to Supervisor on occurring incidents and any security issues/concerns
Administration – Support and ensure that Admin Assistant/Officer performs in the areas below
- Oversee the smooth flowing of routine, administrative work of Mercy Corps office
- Ensure office and personnel policies are in compliance with Mercy Corps Field Administration Manual and National Staff Policy Handbook.
- Ensure adherence to all Mercy Corps administrative procedures by support staff.
- Ensure proper functioning and maintenance of the office equipment and other facilities;
- Oversee maintenance of personnel files for all Mercy Corps Kitgum Office and ensuring leave records of all staff are properly maintained and updated.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Logistics Management, Business Administration, or related & Equivalent field field (with international NGOs is an asset)
- Three years’ experience in logistics and procurement with strong organizational skills, ability to maintain the procurement and logistics filing system, ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel, adaptability to unanticipated circumstances,
- Microsoft Office computer skills and experience with using email.
- Excellent English oral and written skills, knowledge of Local language is an advantage
- Proven ability to solve problems independently without supervision
How to apply:
Applications: Submit your application through email to email@example.com addressed to the Senior HR and Legal Manager, Mercy Corps Uganda. Include a cover letter clearly stating your salary requirements, CV (with 3 referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates. Deadline for Submission: Close of business on Thursday, 14th September, 2017. Subject of email should include the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Mercy Corps. Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.