Organization: FHI 360
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Project Director
FHI 360 seeks a Project Director to be based in Washington, DC for an anticipated USAIDBureau for Food Security project, Advancing Women’s Empowerment. The procurement will be focused on gender equality, women’s empowerment, agriculture, livelihoods, and food security. The Project Director is responsible for the overall technical direction and leadership of the project and is accountable for delivering results. The successful candidate should have significant experience in program management, especially for USAID awards, as well as technical oversight of USAID- or other international donor-funded projects.
This position is contingent upon project award and funding.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Oversee the completion of all technical requirements, including program results and deliverables, in accordance with the approved program work plan.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with USAID, project partners, and key stakeholders. Serve as the primary liaison among all project stakeholders.
- Respond to all donor reporting requirements, including quarterly and annual program reports, and other deliverables, as specified in the contract.
- Build partnerships among international -, national- and community-level stakeholders.
- Represent the program at meetings with donors and other key stakeholders.
- Manage the program’s operational, financial, and administrative planning and budgeting processes in partnership with FHI 360 financial management staff.
- Manage and supervise the work of all experts/personnel provided under the agreement.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for information on the progress and status of all project activities.
- Establish appropriate mechanisms to ensure that activity progress and specific implementation concerns are regularly and promptly reported.
- Manage the preparation and presentation of work plans, M&E plans, and all reports.
- Ensure compliance with all donor-related, FHI 360, and program-specific policies.
- Master’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in international development, agriculture, gender studies, economics or a relevant social science field required.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the international development field managing programs (implementation, logistics, budgeting, staffing) of a similar size and scope.
- Previous senior management experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment, food security, and/or nutrition is also required. USAID program experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working on food security and agriculture programming and/or policy, in particular in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Familiarity with USAID Feed the Future or other similar donor-supported food security programming.
- Experience mainstreaming gender equality objectives and accountability measures throughout organizational policies, structures, and programs.
- Familiarity with the USAID Gender Equality and Female Empowerment Policy, the USAID Feed the Future Gender Integration Framework, and the USAID Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Index.
- Demonstrated skills in fostering relationships with partner governments, donors and national and international NGOs and partners.
- Experience managing required programmatic and financial reporting requirements. Experience with M&E is desirable.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in recruiting, developing, and managing staff and teams.
- Fluency in English is required.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply: