Deadline: 15TH OCT 2017
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives. TechnoServe has assisted over 275,000 smallholder coffee households in East Africa to improve their incomes by increasing the quality of the coffee they produce, boosting their coffee production and linking them to premium markets. TechnoServe is expanding into other parts of Africa and developing innovative approaches and partnerships with corporations to enable more smallholder coffee households to achieve livelihood security.
As Associate Program Manager you will: The Associate Program Manager’s primary responsibility is to support the implementation of a portfolio of coffee projects in Africa to achieve sound financial management, contractual compliance, and effective administration. The Associate Program Manager will provide a broad range of programmatic, financial, and administrative support to the Regional Coffee Team and field-based program staff to facilitate successful implementation of programs.
Financial Management (40%)
- Support field-based project managers to develop annual bottom-up budgets that align strategically with work plans, targets, and deliverables.
- Hold monthly review meetings with field-based project managers to ensure expenditures are maintained on-budget and corrective action or budget revisions occur when variances exceed the donor’s line item flexibility.
- Provide guidance to programs on their teams’ time and expenses charging structure in alignment with the donor budget and the allocation of costs by reporting categories.
- Assist the Coffee Program Manager to develop annual budgets and mid-year budget reviews.
- Ensure invoices are submitted accurately and on time and track disbursements as they are paid.
- Manage the Regional Coffee Team’s procurement needs. Contractual Compliance – Technical & Financial (20%)
- Ensure 100% contractual compliance for donor projects.
- Support budget realignment and contract modification processes, as needed.
- Liaise with the Regional Financial Analyst and Country Controllers to ensure financial systems are established and updated to ensure full financial compliance with donor reporting requirements.
- Assist in drafting all donor reports, including progress reports and annual plans.
- Liaise with the Regional Financial Analyst to develop all financial reports.
- Develop reports and presentation decks for donors, as designated. Communications and Knowledge Management (20%)
- Support the strategic refresh of the Regional Coffee Team’s page on TechnoServe’s intranet (myTNS) and maintain its contents once the new framework has been established.
- Develop fact sheets, blog posts and other externally facing materials for coffee projects.
- Develop and maintain program development documents including quals and past performance reviews.
- Support the development of a semi-annual newsletter on coffee agronomy and sustainability updates.
- Support field-based project managers to develop quarterly Project Status Reports that summarize activities, results, and challenges from the previous quarter.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of corporate measurement reports. Backstopping Support to East Africa Divisional Team (15%)
- Work with East Africa backstopping unit to conduct quarterly Project Status Report reviews.
- Develop fact sheets, blog posts and other externally facing materials for projects in the East Africa division in consultation with the East Africa Communications Officer, as designated.
- Assist the East Africa Communications Officer to prepare and finalize donor-facing reports and deliverables, as designated.
- Generate content and provide editing support in the development of the quarterly Board Book.
- Other duties to support the East Africa division, as designated. Coffee Team Administration (5%)
- Support the coordination of the Regional Coffee Team meetings.
- Support recruitment and contracting of staff, fellows, and interns, as needed.
- Respond to requests related to the Coffee Practice from HQ and Divisional teams.
- Manage the weekly Regional Coffee Team call schedule.
- Other duties, as assigned.
You will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, economics, business administration or other relevant subject and at least two years of related professional experience required.
- Strong budget management and financial analysis skills, including proficiency in Excel.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Outstanding written communication skills including prior experience writing and editing donor-facing deliverables.
- Proven team player with strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to anticipate demand and manage multiple tasks and projects while meeting tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of rural development preferred.
- Proficiency in English required.
- All applicants must have indefinite U.S. work eligibility at the time of application.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YWNvd2VsbC45ODk2Ni4zODMwQHRlY2hub3NlcnZlLm