organization: Save the Children
deadline: 16th october 2017
The role: Awards Coordinator
The purpose of this post is support the Awards Director and National Award Manager in the planning, securing and managing of both development and humanitarian awards. The position plays a lead role in award information management and shares and coordinates information across departments.
Under the direction of the Awards Director, the Awards Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that the SCI programme adheres to all its award management obligations internally within Save the Children and externally with donors. This will include financial and narrative reporting relating to donor awards and data quality in the Award Management System. This position is specifically responsible for assigned awards, and will ensure compliance with financial and administrative requirements, donor specific requirements and to make recommendations for improvements.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelors degree in Business, Social studies, Economics, Management, International Affairs or related field relevant to the position requirements
- 5 years experience in managing large awards facilities
- Minimum 3 years working in international development
- English Language Fluency
- Excellent understanding of the awards management cycle, logical frameworks, and M&E concepts.
- Knowledge of awards and contracts regulations and reporting requirements of major donors such as EU, DFID, ECHO, UN agencies, DANIDA.
- Experience of managing awards, cooperative agreements and contracts for major donors.
- Practice knowledge of financial awards accounting and management.
- Experience of analysing and commenting on variances between actual and budgeted expenditure and relating this to activity reporting
Contract length: 12 Months
The Organisation :We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
- We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Application Information: Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bW9oYW1vdWQuNjM4NDIuMzgzMEBzYXZldGhlY2hpbG…