Re-advertisement of VA0103-2017
From 13 November 2017 To 27 November 2017
CONTRACT TYPE & DURATION
Type: Service contract.
Duration: Six months.
Duty Station: Damascus
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The incumbent will process payment claims submitted by the Cooperating Partners (CPs) in Programme Unit, prior to submission to Finance Unit. S/he will also support in undertaking performance evaluation and partnership evaluation of the Cooperating Partners.
· Main duties:
· The Programme Assistant (NGO Partnership) will work under direct supervision of the head of NGO Partnership section, and overall supervision of the Head of Programme in the Country Office (CO). The incumbent will perform the following duties:
· Review CP invoices submitted by the Field Offices (FOs) and track payments made to the CPs.
· Review the CP expenditures on monthly basis and flag any issues that require action.
· Monitor overall CP-related budget expenditure of CO.
· Undertake quarterly reconciliation of CP payments and provide technical feedback.
· Liaise closely with CO Finance Unit on issues related to CP payments.
· Provide guidance and training to the FOs on issues related to payment process.
· Translate documents related to NGO Partnership.
· Act as alternate secretariat for the CP Committee to receive the proposals from the FOs, organize the technical review by the relevant technical unit and consolidate the feedback, take the lead to organize the technical discussion between FO and CO as required. Organise the CP Committee meetings and draft NFR.
· Prepare various agreement documents related to CPs. Ensure to archive the signed copies in CO both electronic and hard copies.
· Keep track of the agreements and inform FOs in terms of renewal needs.
· Make relevant data entries to WFP corporate systems.
· Support partnership evaluation on biannual basis. Update the SOP and evaluation tools as required.
· Analyze the results, prepare the reports, and draft follow-up actions. Liaise with the FOs to follow-up on the action points.
· Analyze indicators that contribute to enhancing NGO Partnership.
· Undertake CP operational oversight visits and provide technical guidance and feedback to the CPs and FOs. Train other staff to perform this task.
· Ensure all CPs implement the conditions, timelines and formats for output data collection as specified in the formal agreements.
· Perform any other duties as assigned.
· Results Expected: Timely and accurate payments; well organized, complete and accurate reports; timely and accurate data entries in SAP, timely and accurate issuance of FLA documents. Tasks performed independently with only general guidance.
· Critical Success Factors: Commitment to meet deadlines; attention to details and accuracy; sound judgment; ability to extract, interpret, analyse and format data and to resolve operational problems; ability to work with minimum of supervision; ability to train and support staff; client orientation; demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with NGOs, staff within the office, government entities, donors, other UN agencies, and the local population.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education is required. University courses or degree is desired, preferably in accounting, finance, business management, or economics.
Experience: minimum 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in accounting, book keeping, project management, or humanitarian assistance.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic languages.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
· Please upload your CV in English
· Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
· Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once applying.
· Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.