Title : Livelihood and Gender Assistant
Category : E2
Location : Adjumani
Date : 20/11/2017
DRC is an International non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
In Uganda, DRC assists the refugees from neighboring countries mainly DR Congo and South Sudan in the South West, West and West Nile region of the country. DRC’s assistance to refugees have been both emergency assistance to address the short term influxes from the neighboring countries as well as to address the sustainable solutions for the refugees. DRC is also the lead of a Consortium (Save the Children, ZOA, and CEFORD) for the implementation of a European Union Trust Fund (EUTF) project in the refugee settlements in West Nile (Rhino camps, Adjumani, Kiryandongo and Bidi-Bidi settlements).
The Livelihood and gender Assistant is responsible for the day to day field operations of the EU Trust Fund project in the beneficiary communities as outlined by the Livelihood / Gender Officer.
Coordination / Representation
- Develop relationship with field level structures, authorities and community leaders as well as field level private and other stakeholders
- In coordination with the Livelihoods/Gender Officer attend and represent the interest of EUTF and DRC in the areas of your responsibility
- Actively coordinate with the field staff of other EUTF projects, DRC sectors and other organizations.
- Actively participate in the regular sector meetings and in-house coordination meetings.
Project implementation and reporting
- Effectively implement the day to day activities according to the EUTF plan and technical standards of the sector.
- Contribute to innovative project implementation and through field experience and information sharing
- Conduct beneficiary trainings with relevant stakeholders.
- Actively take part in quality data collection and timely reporting
- Actively mobilize beneficiaries
- Monitor and document EUTF and DRC’s livelihood activities
- Produce reports to contribute to the weekly, monthly and other reports
- Ensure the delivery of items and others services to beneficiaries
- Any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Staff development and management
- Supervise field based volunteers and community participants.
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership for the livelihoods outreach workers and community based mechanisms in Yumbe area as needed.
- Develop staff performance measurement and targets and appraise them based on the set targets.
- Uphold DRC’s code of conduct and principles of accountability
- Support the Livelihoods Officer to monitor financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow ups.
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements for project interventions.
- Follow up all DRC Procedures on Security, Finance, Logistics, HR and Administration.
- Actively take part in the facilitation of order requests
- Ensure effective use of assigned resources, materials and assets.
The Livelihood / Gender Assistant reports to the Livelihood / Gender Officer in charge of implementing EU Trust Fund project.
- Degree in Agro-business Management, Enterprise Management, business development or other related field.
- In-depth understanding of rural poverty, vulnerability issues, targeting mechanisms and resilience.
- At least 1 year work experience in similar position.
- Excellent knowledge in preparing major international donor reports.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Echo, EU donors.
- Possess strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Experience in VSLA methodology
- Experience in Farmer field School methodology
- Proven commitment to accountable practices
- Knowledge of working in challenging environments.
- Proven ability to manage large varied workloads and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Proactive, stable and robust character and a good team player.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations at all levels.
- The Position is contract based
- The position is field based
- Remuneration and benefits are as per DRC Uganda standard salary scale and benefit package.
- Expected start date: Immediately
Applications should be in English and include the following:
- A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and salary expectations.
- Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
Please send your Cover letter, CV and Academic certificates by email to email@example.com by 30th November 2017 5:00pm clearly indicating position name in the subject line. We thank applicants for their interest in the position however; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.