CARE has taken on an ambitious transformational agenda and we need great talent to join us!
CARE is seeking a Senior Director of Development that plans, directs and coordinates fund-raising activities for major and planned giving prospects and donors with the particular emphasis on six and seven-figure gifts. A member of National Individual Giving, the Senior Director will report directly to the Northeast Executive Director and will work in Boston.
The Senior Director works with individual donors and family/private foundations to raise major gifts for CARE’s unrestricted program, as well as, restricted gifts focused on CARE’s core programs. The Senior Director is responsible for developing and implementing cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for a portfolio of donors and prospects. The Senior Director is expected to identify and cultivate new prospects for CARE.
- Manage an active and changing portfolio of approximately 150 donors and prospects
- Develop strategic engagement and solicitation strategies for both major and planned giving prospects
- Solicit outright gifts of $25K+ with an emphasis on 6-7 figure gifts and work with prospects related to planned giving
- Work closely with CARE program officers, and colleagues in Institutional Fund Raising and Partnerships to develop comprehensive and innovative engagement opportunities for donors and prospects at the highest levels.
- Actively work with the Office Research to identify prospects and leads for major and planned giving and participate in strategy development for this engagement.
- Work with colleagues from programs and other departments to create meaningful engagement strategies for donors and prospects in the region
- Coordinate with Business Operations development of proposals and reports for donors, prospects, and organization leadership
- Serve as an advisor to the Executive Director in matters related to donor activity, fulfillment of regional goals, and staff development
- Provides expertise and leadership to the fund-raising team in matters related to innovation, enhanced best practices and new knowledge in the industry
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional development in major gift and planned giving processes
- 7-10 years of major gift experience at the highest donor levels, including a proven record of successful solicitation of major outright and planned gifts
- Substantial and successful experience in identifying, cultivating and developing major gift prospects
- At least three years of professional experience in a large and complex non-profit
- Demonstrable experience in engaging, organizing and soliciting organizational leadership and high-level donors
- Familiarity and experience in the Boston and New England philanthropic landscape
- Knowledge of fund-raising information management technology
- Proven ability to develop multi-year cultivation plans for complex gifts and 7-figure prospects and donors
- Proven ability to strategize and develop long-term plans
- Ability to communicate persuasively
- Experience with outright and planned giving vehicles
To apply, follow this link http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp;jsessionid=CD…