Department: Health Unit (PQ)
Reports To: SPO
Country/Location: Kenya/Garissa, Tana River and Marsabit (3 Positions)
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners, people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
CRS has worked in Kenya since 1965. Over the years, CRS’ focus shifted from direct relief and food distributions to a comprehensive development program that works with partners and enhances local capacity. CRS Kenya programs now support children affected by HIV, and community-based efforts to increase household incomes, improve family health and sanitation, and enhance agriculture livelihoods
The APHIA plus IMARISHA OVC component is extended for three months funded by USAID and the consortium is led by AMREF located in NAL. As a member of the APHIA plus IMARISHA project team, you will monitor and report on all project activities in support of CRS’ work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
· Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
· Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist local implementing partners (LIPs) in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
· Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with LIPs to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
· Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
· Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
· Represent CRS in meetings at county level, OVC working groups, and other events as requested, to support forging relations with the GOK, LIPs, other stakeholders, and the community.
· Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all assigned project activities per donor and CRS standards and established schedules.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Anthropology, Nursing, Public Health, or a related field. Masters is a plus
- At least 4 years of work experience in project support in the fields of OVC, HCBC, CT, Counseling, ART among pastoral and nomadic populations of NAL or other health-related projects in Kenya and for an NGO.
- Experience dealing with a multifaceted and integrated OVC/HCBC and HIV/AIDS projects, preferably in an NGO setting.
- Good knowledge of GOK HIV policy framework
· In-depth understanding of donor expectations for program results, outcomes, impact, and reporting.
· Additional education may substitute for some experience.
· Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
· Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
· Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language
Able to clearly communicate in written and spoken English
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: IMARISHA team, CRS Kenya programming
External: Local implementing partners, field agents, community, Department of Children Services
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Trusting Relationships
· Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position. p;
Written applications indicating the reference number of position applied for and CV including day-time contact phone numbers, as well as names and contact information of three references should reach the below-mentioned by Close of Business Sunday, January 14, 2018.
Human Resources Manager
Catholic Relief Services – Kenya Program
E-mail : email@example.com
Note: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment. Further, CRS has not retained any agent in connection with this recruitment
CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation