ORGANIZATION: Fellowship of Reconciliation Peace Presence
FORPP seeks an extremely dedicated individual with a deep commitment to social justice and human rights, who can build financial capacity and organizational sustainability. The Fundraising and Development Manager (FDM) is responsible for maintaining FORPP’s income stream, including designing and implementing fundraising strategies, maintaining relationships with individual donors and foundations, and creating new, innovative fundraising methods and campaign. The FDM will work closely with the Communications and Operations Manager (COM) and Program and Advocacy Manager (PAM) to acquire suitable material for fundraising and grant applications. The FDM participates in overall strategic decision-making as part of FORPP’s Coordination.
Grant Management (50%)
– Researching and scoping new foundations.
– Maintaining foundation database up-to-date.
– Preparing and submitting grant applications.
– Creating and sustaining relationships with grant-making foundations and institutions.
– Undertake monitoring and evaluation, and preparing follow-up reports, according to
individual grant requirements.
– Designing fundraising strategies and campaigns (20%)
– Creating themes for annual (Giving Tuesday/end-of-year; Lent/Easter) and ad-hoc
fundraising campaigns reflecting the realities of FORPP’s work.
– Liaising with team and staff to create innovate materials and resources for public
– Set targets and supervise progress towards goals, making adjustments as necessary.
Donor care (20%)
– Expand FORPP’s individual donor base and increase monthly contributions/sustainers.
– Maintain relationships with Customer Relationship Management service administrators
(Civi) to expand the use of, and extract the maximum benefit, from our donor database.
– Organize, participate in and supervise donor calls.
– Create differentiated responses to small and high-value donors.
Strategic Management (10%)
– Work with PAM and COM to ensure FORPP’s efficient day-to-day and strategic direction.
– As necessary, prepare material for the Board and attend Board calls.
– Participate in the monitoring of FORPP´s budget.
● Excellent English and Spanish writing/editing and verbal communication skills
● Understanding of and commitment to nonviolent action and intervention
● Proven experience and passion for raising funds through grant proposals and grassroots
● Ability to build and maintain good relations with major donors
● Experience with international accompaniment
● Knowledge of the political and human rights situation in Colombia and U.S. and European policies
● Experience of consensus decision-making
● Basic skills in Project management
● Facility with computer systems
● Proficiency in website and social media platforms
To apply, send a letter of intent and resume including the contact for two (2) references to
email@example.com. Applications without a letter of intent will not be considered. It is highly recommended that you submit materials in English.