ORGANIZATION: Acción contra el Hambre España
Action against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
The MEAL Officer actively contributes to the expansion and strengthening of MEAL within the Action Against Hunger network. S/he will have primary oversight for MEAL planning and implementation on Action Against Hunger’s Systems Enhancement for Transformative Health (SETH) project. S/he will also play a strategic role in evaluations, responsible for identifying opportunities, managing consultants, and ensuring quality reports that are useful for programming. Finally s/he will promote active learning and development from Action Against Hunger internal and external evaluations, identifying opportunities for documenting successes and failures, knowledge transfer, and data visualization and capitalization.
Oversee monitoring and evaluation for the Systems Enhancement for Transformative Health (SETH) project (approximately 50% of time)
- SETH is a three-year health systems strengthening project funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC). It is implemented in Guatemala and Kenya, with overall program management from Action Against Hunger Canada. Action Against Hunger USA plays a lead role in MEAL for the project.
Evaluation management and communication (approximately 10% of time)
- The MEAL Officer is expected to play a key role in the evaluation function of Action Against Hunger, including managing independent evaluations, conducting ad hoc internal evaluations/ project reviews, and leading in the communication and dissemination of evaluation findings.
Accountability, Learning and Knowledge Management (approximately 10% of time)
- Learning and Accountability are essential part of the programming cycle for Action Against Hunger. The MEAL Officer will play a key role in facilitating learning by improving the organization’s knowledge management processes, particularly linked to evaluations and capitalization documents.
Support the data analysis and building up of an MEAL unit in the Headquarters of Action Against Hunger Spain. (30%)
- Post-graduate degree in development or humanitarian studies, public health, epidemiology, statistics, economics, or a related field of social science.
- Previous experience supporting or implementing evaluations, research, or assessments
- Minimum three years of relevant MEAL experience with similar international or humanitarian organizations, with international experience working in emergency or post-crisis contexts preferred
- Experience working in emergency or development contexts, in all steps of Project Cycle Management; specific experience in the health or nutrition sectors preferred
- Good understanding of humanitarian coordination mechanisms and knowledge of relevant technical and MEAL communities of practice desirable.
- Knowledge of the main humanitarian donors and their reporting requirements; experience working on GAC-funded programs (especially development ones) desirable.
- Desirable excellent knowledge of Action Against Hunger technical fields related to Monitoring & Evaluation, Programme Quality and Accountability (PQA), project management, data management, knowledge management systems, learning and development
- Fluency in English and professional proficiency in Spanish required; working knowledge of French desirable.
- Desirable good working knowledge of statistical software relevant to public health data, including EPiInfo, Stata, DHIS2, ENA, etc.; knowledge of GIS software including Google Earth, ArcGIS, QGIS a plus;
- This position will be based in Madrid with project vists trips in Guatemala and Kenya
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Work contract: 2 years
- Based in Madrid
- Salary: between 21.500 € and € 24.500 € gross per year.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Meal vouchers.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.