ORGANIZATION: Concern Worldwide
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Kenyan nationals for the following position:
Community Development Facilitator
Reports to: Officer Community Empowerment-Marsabit
Direct Reports: None
Job Location: Marsabit
Starting Monthly Salary of the Pay Grade Kes 32,698
Six (6) Months Fixed Term Renewable Contract subject to availability of funds and performance
Group Medical Cover
Group Life Assurance Cover
WIBA Plus/Personal Accident Cover
To support facilitation and coordination of community dialogues
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
· Support Community Facilitators (CFs) to facilitate dialogues at community level
· Provide technical leadership and mentorship to CFs in facilitation of productive dialogues
· Support communities to develop community action plans and submission during County planning and budget processes
· Follow up the implementation of community action plans
· Coordinate dialogues at the community level to ensure that all identified community concerns are addressed
· Coordinate with Concern Programmes in implementation of specific programme activities through CCs and Base Circles
· Link communities to mapped stakeholders and County government, and support communities to organize stakeholders forums
· Conduct Community Conversations monitoring for quality assurance
· Provide relevant CC data including change stories for reporting and documentation of Community Conversations and Base Circle approaches.
Responding to Emergencies:
· Support communities to actively participate in assessment, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of emergency response interventions
· Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
Programme Participant Protection Policy
· Adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct.
Interested applicants, who meet the above requirements, should send their CV and Cover Letter only to email@example.com with the subject of the email as ‘Community Development Facilitator Marsabit’. The closing date for applications is Sunday, 25th March 2018.
Each application should include at least three referees who can validate technical expertise.
Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Concern has a Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct which has been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants, especially beneficiaries, from abuse and exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, partner organisations, and anyone engaged by Concern or visiting our programmes, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context all Concern staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct of their work in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission.
Any candidate offered a job with Concern will be expected to sign the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Code of Conduct candidates demonstrate they have understood its content and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of this document.
Any breach of the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct by employees of Concern during the course of their employment will result in disciplinary action up to, and including, dismissal.
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental international humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
‘Concern’ is the trading name of ‘Concern Worldwide’, a company limited by guarantee, registered number 39647; registered charity number CHY 5745, registered in Ireland, registered address is 52-55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Follow Concern online: www.concern.net
CONCERN WORLDWIDE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT CHARGE FOR ANY KIND OF RECRUITMENT