ORGANIZATION: Human Relief Foundation
The position offered will form part of the team for Human Relief Foundation’s (HRF) Programme Department in Erbil, Iraq.
Our core focal areas will be:
- Emergency Livelihoods
- Emergency WASH
- Food Security
- Shelter, NFI and Household Items
To assist the Emergency Response Coordinator (ERC) in the overall management and coordination of programmes based in Iraq, including, but not limited to, the attendance of cluster meetings and continued donor relationship management and networking. The work will include supporting the various programme managers.
The ideal candidate will have experience in assisting programme staff in the humanitarian sector, specifically in Iraq, focusing largely on the above sectors. There will be regular travel outside the KRI region so the post holder must be willing and able to travel.
Working hours: 09:30 – 17:30, 5 days a week depending on workload (some weekend and evening work)
Contract: 6 months with potential to extend depending on funding. 1 month probationary period
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support programme development, planning and execution.
- Maintain a network with the various clusters and cluster coordinators at the UN Offices in Erbil.
- Prepare and timetable relevant meetings with donors, partners and government agencies.
- Identify and contact new prospective donors for Iraq-based programmes.
- Assist in drafting programme documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Supervise and maintain the functionality of programmes department and staff in Erbil, Iraq, when ERC is away from posting.
- Collate information from field staff and generate flash reports (situation reports) for presentation to UNOCHA coordination and cluster meetings.
- Prepare for donor/partner/cluster meetings, taking minutes and participating during meetings.
- Participate actively in programme planning process and budgeting of the programme.
- Facilitate in the translation of key documents or the procurement of translation for particular documents by third party companies.
- Facilitate in the procurement of programme material, liaising closely with or without, the Procurement and Logistics Officer.
- Participate, plan and assist in internal and external staff training courses.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Support in programme management and development.
- Prepare and maintain staffing rosters for potential and existing programmes.
- Collate and file HRF’s Iraq programme staff names, roles and contact numbers.
- Organisation and preparation for partner/coordination meetings.
- Scheduling meetings, informing partners, making preparations (projectors/ stationary/refreshments) and taking minutes.
- Assist in the preparation of field assessment surveys, questionnaires (baseline, midterm and impact assessments).
- Update HRF’s Programmes Folder with all documentation pertaining to each programme that is active. This includes flash reports, situation reports and needs assessments.
- Programme development: Assist in the preparation of programme proposals for both bilateral and multilateral funding opportunities. Develop proposals for the Iraq Humanitarian Pooled Fund (IHPF). Develop budgets through gathering local prices and costings from field teams, making field visits and liaising with country offices. Network with donors (multilateral and bilateral) on opportunities that exist. Work closely as part of a team towards achieving internal targets set by manager. Contribute in planning, mind mapping and idea generation for all working sectors, taking the initiative to research and learn about new areas of work.
2. Analysis and evaluation
- Ensure the designing, coordinating and conducting of project evaluations (mid-term and end-line), if deemed necessary by the ERC.
- See through the designing and conducting of Post Implementation Monitoring Survey (PIMS) for internal evaluation of staff on performance of programme.
- Prepare the analysis and evaluation of collected data through Programme Data Review.
- Support partners in designing and disseminating research studies by providing relevant input.
3. Reporting and documentation
- Assist ERC in developing quarterly, six-monthly and annual reports using analysed and evaluated programme data in a presentable, visually aided format.
- Develop donor financial (with support of accountant) and programmatic monthly reports to ensure timely release of financial instalments.
- Produce high quality bi-monthly M&E case study reports, case study beneficiary video clip and photographs.
- Develop and share field visit reports to ERC at the end of each month.
- Upload key reports, including daily reports, to appropriate Google Drive folders.
4. Relationship management
- Maintain rapport with donor network, and other key networks, in collaboration with ERC and humanitarian sector focal points.
5. Contribute to effectiveness of the Programme and HRF
- Work collaboratively to strengthen integration and cross-learning in programmes.
- Proactively volunteer for various team activities.
- Show an eagerness to take on any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
- Master’s degree in social or natural science discipline, in particular, international development.
- Knowledge and understanding of the humanitarian sector and emergency response.
- Knowledge of participatory research methods, participation action and learning.
- Ability to use graphic design software.
- Knowledge of programme management.
- Knowledge of Ninewa Governorate
- Knowledge of KRI Governorate
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in programmes assistance with at least 1 of these years within an international NGO
- Proven experience in engaging with sector clusters/donors/partners in the context of the Iraq humanitarian field.
- Experience of field data collection.
- Experience of report writing.
- Proven experience of proposal writing at a successful level.
- Understanding of the Iraq Humanitarian Pooled Fund (IHF) application process.
- Experience in taking a leading role while line manager is absent from posting.
- Data collection and management.
- Analytical and research skills.
- Good command on report writing in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent ICT literacy, with command on MS Excel and other MS packages.
- Strong English language skills.
- Confident handling data using SPSS.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to speak publicly.
- Understanding of monitoring and evaluation processes, tools and techniques.
- Fluency in Arabic and/or Kurdish.
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
- Self motivated and able to work effectively without close supervision.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Able to travel to areas independently for programmes-related tasks.
- Able to travel within and outside KRI region.
- Able to effectively promote HRF’s mision, values and objectives.
- Understanding of HRF’s value system.
- Understanding of HRF’s work, particularly its work in Iraq.
- Knowledge of HRF’s areas of work in Iraq.
- Willingness to work additional hours at crucial times.
Please send CV, covering letter and details of two references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 07:00 23rd March GMT.