Senior Services Manager (SM3), Terms of Reference 2018.
Full-time. Based in London with up to 30% travel.
Who we are:
Integrity is an international consultancy and ethical service provider. Based on evidence and learning, we help clients and communities to build trust and understanding as the basis for transformative change. We do not advocate: we listen, comprehend and recommend. We help our clients in government, international development and the private sector to succeed in these challenging environments, while building trust with and giving voice to local people. Our access and trust at a community level, combined with our global perspectives, produce powerful recommendations and deliver positive and sustainable change.
Headquartered in London, Integrity operates regional offices in Lebanon, Turkey and Kenya. Our multi-national team of over 50 specialists has extensive experience of delivering complex programmes in fragile geographies across Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
We deliver five key services: project management and implementation / monitoring, evaluation and learning / research, evidence and analysis / stakeholder engagement / capacity development.
Further information about Integrity can be found at www.integrityglobal.com.
Scope of work:
The Senior Services Manager will sit within our Services Directorate and will be based in London. The Senior Manager will particularly focus on programme management and delivery, combining technical expertise with effective project and client management development. The Senior Manager will also be responsible for project development (business development, proposal writing) and will be part of the Senior manager group responsible for the implementation of the Services strategy. They will report to a Services Head or the Deputy Director Services.
Terms of Reference:
A. Programme direction and delivery: Support programme to the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (ICAI) (65%)
The Senior Services Manager will be responsible for directing Integrity’s programme supporting the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (ICAI). This will include:
- Being responsible for the timely and successful delivery of Integrity’s ICAI programme, including oversight over the programme and delivery teams, and ultimate accountability for budget, delivery, internal reporting, risks and learning.
- Managing the ICAI Programme Cell to run and improve implementation processes including duty of care, coordination, data and knowledge management, time and resource management and internal and external communications.
- Leading on client management and engagement with partners and other relevant stakeholders for the successful delivery of the programme.
- Effectively, empathetically and diligently managing relationships with clients, consortium partners and stakeholders more broadly.
- Providing technical inputs on an ad hoc basis for individual review and at the programme level for continuous improvement.
B. Project development and design (25%)
The Senior Services Manager will support business development across Integrity’s portfolio. Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading on, and contributing to, the technical design of new Integrity opportunities, from identification and pre-positioning through to submission, negotiation and inception.
- Leading on, and contributing to, stakeholder and partner engagement, through pre-positioning, commercial negotiations, and bid processes, in close cooperation with the Business Directorate.
C. Leadership and learning (10%)
The Senior Services Manager will be part of the Services Senior Management group and will take an active role in supporting Integrity’s corporate development. This will include:
- Participating in and leading on the implementation of Integrity’s internal learning processes, to enhance Integrity’s approaches and methodologies with a view to promote innovative practices and position the organisation as a thought leader.
- Line managing select Integrity staff and/or corporate consultants at grade levels below SM3.
- Working with colleagues under line management to develop their careers, contributing to professional advancement, job satisfaction and personnel retention.
- Participating in and, if necessary, leading the Senior Services Forum that coordinates Integrity’s Services functions and activities.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working in the international development and consultancy sector.
- Strong project and programme management background, with responsibilities in design and management of work plans, client management and reporting, team management and financial management.
- Experience leading teams of staff and consultants for the successful delivery of projects.
- Experience working with DFID and/or the FCO.
- Demonstrable experience working with senior stakeholders in sensitive contexts.
- Experience working in or managing projects in FCAS environments.
- Personnel management.
- Experience in governance, conflict and fragility or economic development.
- Written and oral fluency in English is required.
- French and/or Arabic and/or Spanish and/or Mandarin desirable.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form at www.integrityglobal.com/apply and attach a CV and Cover Letter at the bottom of your application.
Closing date for applications: 06 April 2018
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Integrity is an equal opportunities employer. And positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by UK data protection laws.