Business Analyst, P2, FT, # 86095, in the Operational Analysis & Technology Centre(OATC), UNICEF Supply Division, Copenhagen
Purpose for the job
The purpose of this position is to assist the senior business analysis manager to understand and analyze business requirements in the supply chain business processes in support of Supply Division (SD) strategies. The position will work with developers and business users to implement required changes in the system. This position will also provide additional support to the activities relevant to the material master data management.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Conduct business process reviews, analysis of supply chain processes and recommend industry process improvements that align with SD strategies;
- Assist SD business centres to develop and present business cases in line with SD divisional procedures. In partnership with the developers, review and document the impact of proposed business initiatives on the information systems as well as human and IT resources;
- In coordination with data unit, ensure that the supply chain information is optimized in UNICEF ERP system resulting in simplified information architecture;
- Work with relevant subject matter experts and developers to prioritize, analyze and integrate modified business and work processes through the application systems. Coordinate the analysis and development activities using project management methodologies with ICTD, SD programmers and external consultants;
- Ensure that the modified business process solutions are aligned with the organizational financial rules and regulations, divisional procedures and practices and financial reporting requirements;
- Provide technical, functional and operational support in the ERP system to Supply Division Business Centres and to country offices on an as needed basis;
- Support systems development team in systems analysis, application development and to validate that the business process changes are accurately functioning in the system per the requirements;
- Maintain up to date documentation on Supply Division business and process architecture;
- Support the coordination of the master data management, Material Master, in particular in the Business Process Unit;
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or Centre Chief.
- Diversity and inclusion
- Drive for results
- Working with people
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Planning and Organizing
- A completed University Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in business analysis, system analysis and design, software development and integration;
- Experience in developing and documenting system level test cases relating to business processes for unit and integration testing;
- Experience in IT project management covering the full software development cycle;
- Experience in SAP supply chain processes as functional user or analyst; Experience in programming or configuration in SAP is desirable;
- Experience in web applications development is desirable;
- Experience working with the UN or an international, multi-cultural organization is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN Language is an advantage.
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Please be informed that all application to UNICEF are handled via UNICEF’s online recruiting system. You can apply to the above position by creating your profile and application at our website: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index.php
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=513125