Organization: CARE USA
At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to the dignity of people. CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice.
In 2018, CARE is launching an Atlanta Global Innovation Hub. Though CARE has been in Atlanta for almost 20 years, our relationship to the local innovation ecosystem has been fractured and ad hoc. We believe our mission in the world is more urgent than ever and creating partnerships and solidarity to advance that mission in the U.S and globally is a crucial leverage for transformational change worldwide. We also know CARE has over 75 years of expertise and experience in the fight to end poverty worldwide – with expertise ranging from sexual & reproductive rights to economic justice and financial inclusion; from inclusive governance to climate change resilience and adaptation, from education to food justice and land rights – and beyond. We need a creative and strategic leader who can turn the vision for an Atlanta Global Innovation Hub into a reality.
Based at 151 Ellis Street NE – in the heart of downtown – our physical space will be going under a re-design from June to December 2018 to be more open, vibrant and energizing. We aspire to be a hub for innovators interested in making a global social impact. In step with these physical transformations, we will launch a hub to partner more effectively. Atlanta has incredible assets in the fight for dignity and social justice, but we have yet to create a center that can harness the talent, passion, and assets to work together towards a common vision.
To do this, the hub will bring together civil society, government, academia, and entrepreneurs to solve our greatest global challenges. The Executive Director will lead the founding of this hub, the creation of the vision, the brokering of partnerships and beyond. They will be accountable for all aspects of start-up, working with a global and passionate team of change makers.
- Creating & Executing Strategy
- Partnership Brokering
- Thought Leadership & Resource Mobilization
- Program Management & Team Building
- College Degree
- Social justice frame: at CARE we believe that poverty is not natural – but a solvable global injustice. The hub requires a leader who is committed to changing how power operates and how to make systems and institutions more just. This person should be able to speak passionately and personally about social justice and be fluent in systems change perspectives and creating theories of change.
- Strategic Acumen: previously and successfully lead the strategy development for complex organizations and/or launched a successful venture that required buy-in. This might look like experience at a top management consulting firm or leading an organization from within.
- Entrepreneurial Experience: This position requires someone who has the perseverance, grit, and creativity to take a glimmer of an idea and turn it into a reality.
- Partnership brokering & constituency building: this position requires building alliances and partnerships with diverse organizations and people. Experience brokering unexpected partnerships and being able to find unique commonality between actors is essential to success.
- Multi-stakeholder management: the candidate should thrive in multi-stakeholder environments and be able to identify commonality and motivation people to action. Specifically, this person should have experience managing government, civil society, entrepreneurs and private sector entities towards a common goal.
- Atlanta expertise: this position requires knowledge and understanding of the innovation ecosystem in Atlanta and the myriad actors with a stake in Atlanta becoming a vibrant global capital, known for our legacy of social justice.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CAREU…
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE’s career website at any time.