Organization: CARE USA
At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
CARE Consulting, the advisory services arm of CARE, draws on CARE’s deep roots in communities, global network across 90+ countries, and expertise to help private and public sector clients address tough business challenges and build a more equitable and just world. Our aim is to influence and transform organizations that have a disproportionate impact on poverty and injustice. We combine management consulting, human centered design, social and systems transformation, and international development expertise to drive powerful change with and for our clients. Service lines include: 1) Sustainable Supply Chains; 2) Base of the Pyramid Markets; 3) Gender, Diversity & Inclusion; 4) Community Engagement.
This position of Engagement Manager (EM) is essential to deliver excellent client service and grow our practice, especially in Sustainable Supply Chains and Base of the Pyramid Markets. The EM will liaise day to day with clients (predominantly global companies), manage engagement teams, ensure high quality, timely execution of deliverables, and help drive business development and learning. He or she will be allocated approximately 80% to serving clients, and 20% to building the practice. This position requires a core management consulting skillset; a deep commitment to social justice; openness to learning and innovative approaches to drive change; strong strategic problem-solving skills; outstanding interpersonal skills; excellent project management skills; a high level of personal initiative (a “no task too small” mentality); and the ability to work well in a distributed, multicultural, fast-paced environment. The candidate will bring experience managing client engagements for a top tier strategy consulting practice, and should be open to / adept at integrating innovative social change approaches (U process; human centered design; etc.) into engagements.
- Lead day-to-day execution of client engagements;
- Scope and manage work-streams, closely manage progress against objectives, highlighting roadblocks as soon as they arise and taking full personal ownership for high-quality, timely execution of deliverables;
- Gather and analyze information, formulate and test hypotheses, translate research into recommendations for client presentations;
- Collaborate closely with CARE Consulting leadership, leading weekly problem-solving sessions to align on work planning, facilitate decision-making, iterate on solutions and find work-arounds as needed;
- Draft project deliverables, including work plan, client presentations, memos, and final deliverables;
- Drive internal coordination with the full, globally dispersed CARE Consulting team, including advisors, technical leads and country staff, to ensure timely inputs into deliverables, appropriate attendance during internal and client meetings, and adequate support throughout the engagement;
- Lead planning and coordination around field visits, human-centered design sessions, scenario planning, simulations and other engagement activities
- Support the ongoing growth and success of CARE Consulting against its broader objectives, including refinement of existing and new service lines;
- Support business development through research and proposal development;
- Help facilitate reflection and learning on the broader social change / transformation we are driving through our services;
- Expand a growing internal database of consulting tools, templates, research, and case studies;
- Format client deliverables and case studies for use as marketing and training materials and use lessons to refine service offerings and processes
- Use lessons learned to refine CARE’s consulting service offerings and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with demonstrated high performance
- At least 5 years of work experience with 3 years in a top tier management consulting practice, with experience managing client engagements;
- Experience working at the intersection of management consulting, business and international development;
- Enjoy the variety and sometimes-chaos of managing a wide range of client projects from “tip to tail”;
- A ‘no task too small’ mentality to achieve results in a small team;
- Thrive in ambiguity, demonstrate high learning agility, and are comfortable developing project scopes and deliverables in industries and project areas you don’t necessarily have deep expertise in;
- Excited by the opportunity to work with clients who are building business models that integrate profits and purpose, despite the challenges that come with that work;
- Capability to manage and make progress against multiple simultaneous demands in short time frames, and to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic context with shifting priorities;
- Experience interacting and communicating effectively with members of a complex organization at multiple levels;
- Exceptional analytical skills, proven personal initiative and an ability to work proactively and with a strong sense of urgency;
- A credible presence, strong presentation skills, and strong ability to communicate with senior leaders;
- High level of comfort with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CAREU…
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE’s career website at any time.