Organization: Associazione Volontari per il Servizio Internazionale
Title: Camp Manager
Closing Date: 19th June 2018
Duty Station: Boa Vista
Period: July-December 2018
Starting Date: ASAP
Main objective: The Camp Manager (CM) will facilitate coordination with and between all actors in the camp, including government representatives, UN agencies, NGOs and other service providers, and refugee groups.
Reporting to: Country Representative (1st Supervisor), Regional Manager (2nd Supervisor)
• The CM will lead biweekly camp management meetings with refugee committee representatives, UN agencies, INGOs and LNGOs providing services to share activities updates, discuss trends and best-practices; this forum will be used to engage this wider group in action plans and the CM will follow up action points agreed upon.
• The CM will develop and maintain an activity/distribution tracking sheet. This will be shared with all actors in the camp, and will be updated and sent to the Camp Manager on a biweekly basis prior to the camp management meeting. This reporting table will assist in the identification of gaps and allow for more comprehensive coordination among actors.
• The CM will facilitate the coordination of actors in the camp working in similar sectors to ensure proper information sharing and regular meetings to identify gaps and ensure that duplication is avoided where possible.
• The CM will monitor the visibility of actors in the camp, and ensure that all actors working in the camp have visibly displayed identification cards and organization branded clothing such as a vest, hat or shirt so they are easily identifiable to camp actors and camp residents.
• In order to mitigate beneficiary fatigue around assessments, the CM will ensure that all agency assessments within the refugee and community are coordinated and information is shared. This will be done through collecting all assessments that have been completed, information on planned assessments and ToRs for assessments from organizations leading assessments.
• In collaboration with UNHCR and the KRG government, the CM will facilitate visits to the camp for external stakeholders as and when appropriate.
• The CM will maintain a training plan that covers all planned capacity building activities in each sector in which actors are working. This information will be provided to the CM by organizations, agencies and the government as it becomes available. Where possible, the CM will facilitate the coordination among actors, and inclusion of various actors in trainings taking place in the camp.
• The CM will ensure that the already existing cluster task forces meetings (WASH/Shelter, Food/NFI, Protection, Health) are keeping held on a regular basis and that roles and responsibilities among actors participating are formalized. When necessary, the CM will organize additional sector working groups in consultation with other actors, UNHCR and government representatives.
• The CM will support UNHCR in coordinating participatory assessments with the camp residents and host community.
• The CM will refer new actors interested in undertaking services in the camp to UNHCR, as relevant and as heard of.
• The CM will work with UNHCR to monitor and evaluate the service provision of all actors and agencies operating in the camp and ensure that minimum service delivery and human rights standards are being met.
· Preferable academic studies in Development, Economics, International Relations, Social Sciences, (education, anthropology, sociology…) or Demography; a Master on Humanitarian Studies or African Studies an asset
· Previous working experience in Project Management (minimum 2 years) managing multisectorial and multi-stakeholders programs
· Good knowledge of Minimum Humanitarian Standards (SPHERE) and Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS)
· Excellent knowledge of Ms. Office packet
· Fluent in English, Portuguese and Spanish
· Previous experience in Brazil an asset
Specific Skills and Competencies
· Strong internal and external coordination and representation skills
· Strong capacity to work under-pressure
· Strong facilitation skills
· Experience in emergency projects
· Experience in M&E (also using ICT) and analysis of vulnerability
· Strong communication skills and cross cultural sensitivity Willingness to travel within the country
How to apply:
Send your CV by email to email@example.com Please, specify in the subject of the mail the code of the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Name, position and contacts (telephone and mail) of two referees.
- First date of availability to take up place in the field.