Organization: Management Systems International
Chief of Party, USAID Yemen Monitoring Project, Amman, Jordan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Proposal Summary: **
The purpose of the Yemen Monitoring Project (YMP) is to establish a third-party monitoring system to monitor, verify and analyze trends on humanitarian programs in Yemen funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development’s (USAID’s) Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) and the Office of Food for Peace (FFP) within the Bureau for Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA). The program will create an independent and verifiable monitoring mechanism of OFDA and FFP programs in Yemen that will increase understanding of the outputs, outcomes, processes, progress, quality, challenges, achievements, and lessons learned of their projects. This is a five-year program anticipated to being in October 2018.
**This position will be based in Amman, Jordan.
The chief of party (COP) will provide overall management, guidance, and direction to MSI’s project team. S/he will be responsible for overseeing the completion of all deliverables required under this contract, as well as overall compliance with the contract. This work will involve team management, technical guidance, administrative coordination, operations oversight, and client relations. The COP must have excellent oral and written English communication skills, analytic skills, interpersonal skills, and team management skills. Frequent travel to Yemen will be required.
- Master’s degree in international affairs, social science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the humanitarian, development, or transition field, including at least five (5) years of experience managing teams and two (2) years of experience working in conflict zones.
- Previous experience working in conflict zones is required.
- Previous experience managing third-party monitoring projects, M&E support projects, or large-scale evaluations is highly desirable.
- Previous experience conducting quantitative and qualitative field research in conflict zones.
- Previous experience working on programs implemented in Yemen or the Middle East is highly desirable.
- Previous experience managing sub-contractors is highly desirable.
- Previous experience implementing a USAID-funded program is desirable.
- English language skills are required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com